Part 1: The Preparation

Hello and hey there! You've stumbled (or have known) about this special fic of mine. In case you didn't know before clicking on it: this is a wedding fic! More specifically an Amourshipping wedding fic! I haven't seen many...or any...so I figured, hey, let's do it! Of course, this will be set in my Ancienverse, and I have to warn you, I am not someone very well versed in the world of weddings, but I've done some research, and I hope, at the very least, I can entertain you, at least enough to pull you away from USUM. That said, enough of this note, and onto the fic!

Author: Epicocity

Rating: T

Pairings: Amourshipping, mainly

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Pokémon.

Love in the Time of Matrimony

An Ancienverse Wedding Fic

Part 1

The Preparation

It was going to be the biggest event of the year.

One could have all of the regional Leagues taking place at the same time. They could even throw in Champion and Elite Four matches with it, and it still wouldn't reach the level of the event that was taking place. There was no possible way, especially with just two weeks left to go before what was going to happen in Pallet Town. Everyone knew it, too. The event hadn't exactly been advertised, but still, almost all of the regions knew just what was going to occur that summer day.

In the end, there wasn't a single soul that didn't know that former Kalos Queen Serena of Vaniville Town was about to marry Pokémon Master Ash Ketchum of Pallet Town.

It had already been in the news for months, despite the couple's want to keep it all under wraps. From headlines of newspapers to Malva outright announcing the engagement on television, it was a topic of much discussion and complete excitement. The whole world had its eye fixated upon the intrepid couple and their impending nuptials. To them, hearing that childhood heroes, or simply saviors in a sense, were finally to be wed to each other after so much talk and speculation was like setting the world on fire.

Naturally, leading up to their engagement the previous year, rumors had been swirling around the couple from all of the media storms regarding their respective accomplishments, with their large number of friends declining to answer anything. Whether that was from respect or ignorance, the media never knew, but it at least meant they couldn't get their grubby claws all over the sordid details. It didn't stop them from speculating, though. From taking snapshots of any time Serena was caught discussing anything with another man (usually Clemont or Gladion) to outright claiming they had broken up when Ash had disappeared for about six months. Then again, they had no way of knowing that Ash called often enough to prove he was alive, let alone still dating Serena.

In either case, the news of their nuptials and Ash's proposal made the media pretty quickly. Thankfully, to the engaged couple, in this case "quickly" meant that it took about two months before Bonnie cracked and spilled the beans entirely. She never apologized once. Not even as the media trucks rolled up outside the couple's Aquacorde residence, one they had bought upon announcing their engagement to their respective parents.

"If you ever get married, Bonnie," Serena scolded the girl, the lemon blonde teenager's tongue sticking out in a teasing manner, "I am going to use my full power as a former Kalos Queen to make sure everyone knows and follows you all the time."