Part 3: The Reception

This is the final part of the wedding. I hope you've enjoyed this and it's brought a smile to your face.

Part 3

The Reception

If anyone had their eye on Pallet Town that day (which, incidentally, most people did), they would have seen complete craziness permeating it. Cheers and Pokémon cries constantly split the air following the marriage of Ash and Serena. Everyone that was there was swallowed up by the wave of jubilation that washed through the crowd. Even those that hadn't been invited to attend the reception were still completely giddy to the point of packing up their tents and using their Pokémon to send their own fireworks up in the air as a mark of celebration.

Naturally, Clemont noticed, Ash and Serena had disappeared after their photo session, but considering that Shauna and Brock had disappeared with them (or so he assumed given Aria's presence, but no gawking Brock), the inventor was fairly certain that the two were freshening themselves up before the reception. He could only imagine just how crazy and exhausting actually getting married was. Heck, just standing there through the ceremony made him feel tired. It also made him gulp at the sight of both Korrina and Gurkinn coming over, joined by a conversing Astrid and Rocky. It was almost evening already by now, and Professor Oak appeared to have opened the bar in his backyard (even if it was a sight the inventor hadn't expected), with Tracey running it.

"Clemont! The ceremony was beautiful, wasn't it?" Korrina asked, draping her arm across her boyfriend once she'd made her way to his side. Clemont couldn't stop his knees from knocking together at the thought, especially with how pretty Korrina looked next to him in her cream-colored formal dress. "Serena made a beautiful bride."

"I'm sure you'll look just as beautiful, Korrina," Gurkinn coughed out, his eyes sliding over to Clemont. The inventor laughed nervously, wracking his brain for a response. It wasn't like he hadn't given thought to asking Korrina, of course. He'd brought it up numerous times...and when he didn't, Bonnie tended to. However, there was a mutual decision to not talk about it until after this particular event.

In the end, however, Clemont had no need to come up with a response, all thanks to the loud voice from the bar.

"Whoo! Wedding parties for everyone, yay!" Bonnie's horrendously loud voice wafted over those gathering at the reception. Clemont grimaced, and Korrina was right alongside him in doing so. Paying Gurkinn a small apology, the inventor and his girlfriend ran for the center of the lab's backyard, where numerous people were beginning to seat themselves at their table settings. Bonnie, naturally, was included in that group, sitting at the bar area. Near the center of the reception area, away from a large patch of grass where dancing would take place (albeit with a dance floor set up for the purpose), was the large wedding party table. Cilan was already there, regaling Lillie with tales of a particular malasada he'd once made, the blonde taking notes eagerly.

"Bonnie! What are you drinking?" Clemont yelled in abject horror.

"I'm not drinking anything! Just celebrating!" Bonnie called out, spinning around on her barstool. On the other side of the bar, Tracey was giving a lopsided grin. Oshawott and Pignite were there, too, alongside Corphish, each drinking...something. Whatever it was, Clemont only hoped that it wasn't the same as what Bonnie was having. "Our two best friends are married and we're partying! I think we should do these wedding things once a year...no, more!"

"Dene!" Dedenne agreed, diving into Bonnie's glass with gleeful abandon.

"I tried telling her not to, but Bonnie is a force of nature..." Max sighed out from his own seat further along. Bonnie seemed to order "another" without specifying it was, and to Clemont's complete and utter shock, Tracey apparently obliged her.