Chapter 6

Aaden

            That was hot... Was all I could think as I rushed down the halls of EGI to find Allie. Somehow I had really screwed things up with her. I needed to talk to her. Maybe I did go a little over board with the whole “best friend's kid sister” thing. I mean, Allie is my best friend too. I just didn't want Derek getting suspicious about my feelings toward her. He'd beat the shit out of me if he knew. Hell! He might even try to kill me!

            I ran down the hallway with Allie's room and knocked on her door. When no one answered I knocked harder and called her name.

            “Allie,” She still didn't answer. “Allie, open the door.”

            “Go away!” Her voice was muffled by the door, but it couldn't hide the anger behind it. I smiled but quickly mentally shook myself to stay on task.

            “Open the door or I'm breaking in! You know I can!” With that I heard her grunt and get off her bed. She unlocked the door and opened it slightly. Half her face showed and I looked into the one eye showing, one of those deep blue eye's that I could get lost in for days.

            “What? Wanna show the little girl how to play with knives?” Her voice was dripping with sarcasm and my suspicions of why she was angry were confirmed.

            “Look, I'm sorry about that. Its just that...” My voice trailed off. How could I explain this to her? She looked so innocent right now, her hair was down and around her shoulder's and her eye's were puffy... I made her cry?! Oh shit! “Were you crying?!”

            “No!” she said defensively. She quickly turned around and wiped her eyes. She didn't bother closing the door so I let myself in and closed it behind me. I walked over to her bed and sat down. She turned back to me and glared at me. “Why are you here?” Her voice told me she didn't want me in here and it just made me want to stay longer and fix it.

            “Allie, I just... I didn't mean to... Derek would have...” I couldn't get it out. Her outfit was just like all the girls training gear, but somehow, right now, it seemed too, well for lack of a better word, sexy. Suddenly, it felt like the room was too small, and like my clothes were too tight. I had my shirt back on and it was too big, yet it felt like every fabric and every emotion in the room was clinging to my body. I could feel myself getting hotter and hotter, and it didn't help when Allie came over and sat next to me.

            “It's ok. I forgive you.” She smiled at me and my heart started beating at a pace so fast that any good doctor would have been very concerned. She wrapped her arms around me, careful to go slowly over my abs, which didn't help my heart either. Her head was on my chest and I put my arm around her shoulder's. She suddenly pulled her head back really fast and looked up at me. “Why is your heart beating so fast?!” She put her palm against my chest and looked at it astonished.

            “I was afraid that you wouldn't forgive me. You see what you do?” Allie giggled and positioned herself so that she was sitting across my lap. All I thought was thank god she took her hand away from my chest, otherwise she would have been really surprised.

            “Now I know why I stayed friends with you all these years. You're really funny! Plus you're, devilishly handsome.” She said the last part in a mocking british voice and winked at me. I laughed and looked at her. We were quiet for a while, and something flashed in her eye's and she moved slightly closer to me. I pushed some of her hair out of her eye's and let my hand stay there for a minute. She leaned her head into my hand and kept her eye's locked on mine.