Chapter 8

Percy's POV

It's been two days. Two days of nonstop fighting with her.

I was panting and drenched in sweat, I had cuts from her everywhere.

"Percy! Don't fight, you can be comfortable with me by your side!" She yelled to me.

I scoffed, "yeah right." I charged to her in my bloodied form, staring at her grey eyes, shattered. Her blonde hair tangled in a nest, her cheeks were covered in dirt and she was so bloody..cuts from my hunting knifes everywhere. Yet not a hint of remorse..you wonder what my gift from the gods was that first quest?

Flashback

Annabeth had just left after she got in a fight with her mother, Annabeths gift was charmspeak though. Diana got a magic bow, a less powerful version of the one milady uses, with a magical quiver enchanted to never run out of arrows. Opal..died, I was still in sobs when it was my turn.

"Perseus Jackson, male hunter of Artemis, What is your wish?" Uncle Zeus asked.

I looked at Aphrodite, dead in her swirling eyes. "I don't ever want to be hurt by you again!" I shouted at her pointing.

She looked taken back, "what do you mean Perseus?" She asked me

"I loved Annabeth with my whole heart and she shattered it because of you! I love my sisters and OPAL JUST DIED! Do you see how Love hurts? I am never going to be hurt by love again!" I ranted.

"Wish granted." She said shocked, a pink glow surrounded me and then left. I couldn't be hurt by love again. I smiled so big that' I thought my mouth would stretch off my face.

Flashback end

Annabeth didn't know this...I physically couldn't love her since it would end in heartbreak. I attemped another attack, spinning in a circle with both daggers, but she moved back.

"We are equals Percy!" She jumped on me and I tried shaking her off but couldn't...An idea struck me and I ran backwards into the wall. She blacked out at contact but I wasn't far behind..exhaustion was sweeping over me and I fell to the stone floor in my prison. The final thing I saw in my eyes was golden eyes staring right back at me.