The Phox dine on rabbit

When I got home supper was already being made."Oh good your back just in time. Why don't you help me, and set the table."said my mother as I walked into the kitchen."Of corse mother. What have you prepared for us tonight." I asked as I sat the table.

"Mort, your fathers friend, hunted us some rabbits. So we are having rabbit tonight." "It all sounds good to me. Why isn't father home yet?" I asked as I just finished up setting the table." He is working with a group of scientist who are investigating something in town. He will be home shortly. Go get Beth tell her the food is ready."replied my mother. "Yes ma'am" I said before I left out the kitchen door.

Beth was not in our room so I assumed she was out side. I stepped out the back door and saw her on her knees looking at a small bunch of mushrooms. Beth was a tall, and her shape was practically identical to that of my mothers. She has wavy light brown hair that goes a few inches past her shoulders. We both share the same face only her features are more rounded. We have light brown eyes, and we both had a small round nose. Our lips are thin, and our chins are pointed. "Beth it's time for dinner!" I yelled. She did not respond, nor did she move. "Beth!" I called again. Once again no response, so I walked over to her. "Can you not hear me I said dinner is ready." She shook her head then turned to me "Oh my bad I was just looking at these strange mushrooms." she said."I wouldn't be messing with them. Miss Ruby said their wicked, and I saw them kill a gator with my very own eyes." I said. "Miss Ruby isn't all right in her mind" she said before heading inside. I fixed my attention on the group of mushrooms Beth as looking at. I discovered that the mushrooms were growing out of a lizard. It twitched it's leg triggering the mushrooms to let out their mysterious dust. I stepped away since I didn't want to throw away another pair of cloths. I turned around and headed back inside.

When I went back into the kitchen my father had returned and was sitting at the table with Beth . "Why don't you come, and sit down Danny." he requested. "Of corse father" I said and sat in the chair beside him. Before I got the chance to ask my father how his day was my mother let out a small shriek. Both me and my father got up and went to see what the problem was. My mother was standing near the oven that had two pans on it. "What the matter dear" my father asked. She pointed to the pan on the left with a disgusted look stuck on her face. My father fixed his round glasses, and looked the pan. "The mushrooms?" My father said. Mushrooms were sprouting from the cooked rabbit. Their was a long pause, and we all stared at the pan." The mushrooms..." My father continued. "Have infested the town. Iv bin working with a group of scientist. Theirs a lack of people with medical experience in Amaranth, so I was one of the only few people who could be of assistance to them. They came to investigate these strange mushrooms. They've only been seen in Amaranth, and no one knows where they originate from. They have the ability to take over and kill any cold blooded animal. It seams now that it's warm blood that keeps them from killing birds and mammals, but as soon as they die the mushrooms sprout from there cold corpse. I don't understand why the other rabbit isn't infested with them tho." He said. "I think I know why Stan." Said my mother. "Then tell me why then Linda." Said my father. "Well I put vinegar on the other rabbit. I had ran out so I had none to put on the other. Do you suppose that's what keeps them off?" She asked. "I sure do hope so. This will be helpful news to the group of scientist. I'll just throw this out." He said and took the mushroom infested rabbit out the backdoor. That evening we ate the remaining rabbit with bread and corn.