A Satellite Heading to Death

Melody's POV

 "Where are we?" I asked once we landed. Dad gave me the usual answer: "Open the doors and take a look." 

"Okay," I said and opened the doors. We had left Earth. Instead, I was facing a huge window which was showing Earth, but it wasn't the same Earth. Instead, the atmosphere was covered in white clouds. I took it to mean that we were on a satellite in the distant future. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" Dad asked. He was standing next to me.

"It's polluted," I said. "It's polluted and disgusting and nothing close to 'beautiful'. Why are we here?"

"Well, in case you haven't noticed," Dad pointed out. "We're getting closer and closer to the Earth every minute."

I suddenly noticed it too. "Oh, no. That's not good. That's not good at all."

"I know," Dad said, but the minute the words left his mouth, people entered the room, holding guns and pointing them at us. My hands immediately flew up into the air, and I saw so did Dad's. "Name, Occupation, and reason for being here!" one of the men spat at us.

"Doctor, Doctor, fun," Dad said, then gave me a little elbow. I said, "Oh, um, Melody Piper, uh, unemployed, f-fun." I silently cursed my stuttering problem. I was always nervous around strangers, and strangers pointing guns at me wasn't exactly a great help. Two of the men grabbed us. "We'll be taking you. And the box, too." 

I sighed. "Greaat. Now what, Dad?"

"We follow their orders," Dad said. I rolled my eyes and allowed myself to be dragged from the room.

We were taken to a control room, where we were thrown on the ground. I nearly panicked as to what we were facing.

Daleks.

"Do you know who these people are?" one of the men asked. One of the Daleks looked me up and down with its camera eye thingy; I never knew what the hell it was called. "The Doctor," announced the Dalek looking over Dad.

"Melody Jane Piper," said the other one. I never knew the Daleks knew my middle name, so that kind of made me feel a bit...exposed.

"Lock them up," a Dalek ordered. We were forced to our feet and dragged to a dungeon like place, where we were locked in a cell. "Now, don't make a noise, or we'll kill you!" one of the men said with a grin. I thought to myself, If only they heard me scream. But I just looked up at them with a blank look, so they left. I looked at Dad, who looked at me back. Our arms were chained to the back of us, so we really couldn't do anything. My fingers moved around a bit and I felt something in my back pocket. My sonic laser light. I managed to fish it out and use it to sonic the hand-cuffs off of me. I shook my wrists, then went to work on Dad. "How did you get your sonic laser light into your hand?" he asked. 

"Well, these jeans don't have front pockets, so I stored my laser light in my back-pocket," I explained calmly as the hand-cuffs fell off Dad's wrists. He shook them out like I did and soniced the cell door open. I followed him down the hallway and into the room with the TARDIS in it.

She had a couple wires connected to her. Dad went to work at ripping off the wires while I unlocked the TARDIS. She was dark inside. "She's dark," I called to Dad. "I think those wires are making sure we can't leave. Not like you would, though."

Dad ripped off the last bits of wire and the lights went on in the TARDIS. "She's back on!" I called.

"Now we need to find the Daleks," Dad said, "and stop the satellite from crashing into Earth."

"Aye!"

"Melody, do you remember the way back to the console room?" Dad asked. I nodded and said, "Follow me!" 

Doctor's POV

I found the console room and also found that the satellite had run out of fuel. "Okay, now what?" Melody asked.

"We-" I turned around. "Now we face Daleks."

Melody groaned and turned around. Three Daleks were entering the room and stopped when they saw us. "Intruders! Intruders! We must exterminate! Exterminate!"

And all of the Daleks were chanting, "Exterminate! Exterminate!"

"Run!" Melody screamed as the lasers shot at us. We ducked underneath them and ran.

                                                                                                                        *******

"We could've done something!" Melody cried once we were back on the TARDIS.

"We couldn't have done anything," I told her for the billionth time. Melody scowled at me. We were back in flight. Melody asked me, "Can we go to the Winchester Mansion, now?"

"Not right now. Soon, though," I promised her. She nodded and laid down, then stood up and left. She came back with her laptop. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Derping around," Melody said, opening it up.

"Define 'derping around'."

"Playing games. Talk to my friends in a chatroom," Melody explained. "Oh, look, I've gotten an e-mail from Emily!"

"Who's Emily?" I asked.

"A friend of mine. She's a year older than me. Oh, no, this isn't good," Melody murmured.

"What?" I asked.

She read the e-mail out loud. "Dear Melody, I have a problem. Remember when you told me to send an e-mail when something strange ever happens after the special visitors we got a couple years ago? Well, something strange has happened.

Kelli and I were messing around in that old abandoned manor when it happened. Kelli was walking backwards when I saw one of the angel statues there had moved. It moved, Melody! It's mouth was stretched open and its hand was outstretched and Kelli walked into it. As if the moving statue wasn't terrifying enough, she disappeared! The lights had been flickering before, but I didn't pay much attention to them and that may be unimportant, but please Melody, come here, I'm scared!

I looked at Dad, who automatically changed the TARDIS's destination.