Prologue

3 weeks

That is how long my friend and I have been on the sea .

I sat in the small cabin at the bottom of the boat , a thin blanket draped across my shoulders. My body swayed with the rocking of the waves . The smell of salt from sea water filled the air .
My thin fingers gripped the pen as I looked down at my worn diary . Im getting very say I'm getting very tiresome.

1933,

  Mother,

I'm afraid to say that my journey has taken longer than expected. I fear that I misread the map . The man I boarded the ship with doesn't speak . I don't know if he's impaired or doesn't speak English. He eats very little. I'm afraid. I don't want to be alone mother.  We are terribly far from home . Anyway , if you come across my diary I want you to know I love you . Let my Annie know I love her .

I stopped closing my diary hearing the door open for the cabin .
I looked at the dark haired man and smiled kindly hopefully he returns one .

My hopes were immediately crushed seeing him turn his head away from me. The man shuffled over to his cot setup on the floor .
I'm not sure if he can hear me . However I'm sure as hell he can sail .

I shivered closing my blanket standing up  and returning outside.

The gushes of wind made me immediately pull my blanket tighter .
The waters has been so rough , the weather getting worse with each day . The sky above was full with tumultuous, dark and ragged clouds .
I stepped out carefully making sure everything was tighten and in place. I didn't want to damage anything.

I heard something .

My head snapped over to the muffled call . Was someone wrecked ?
My eyes searched the dark waters intently. The sound of the waves started to grow silent to me . All I can hear was this singing ? Just melodic tones .
It was extremely beautiful.
It-
It's hard to describe
No words just beautiful hums .
Bliss filled my body and I felt content I guess ? Happy maybe ?
I felt a smile grow on my chapped lips. My hunger in my belly was no more .

That's when I saw a head emerge from the water and then disappear. My eyes widen seeing it was a woman .

The sound began growing in my ears , I felt my heart beat harder in my chest  .
She needed my help .
I need to jump .
I jumped .