Part 2

I have left the love of my life and followed my mother, hoping for a new life in another country. Although I did made my peace that I would never see him again, I have always dreamed of him and me reuniting. But as told by my mother, that I would soon get over it but...

The problem was, I don't wanna...

Whether I like it or not, Walter had been a very big part of my life. While I would gladly detest my mother's statement, she was still right that I was still young. My emotions would still change as I grow, hence my fear of growing up...

I don't want to grow up and forget about him...

I want to stay young and still be in love with him...

I was naive yet adamant about love, I have yet to grasp it fully, even now. And all these years I was still clinging to a hope that he will be the one to lead me by the hand. Such melodramatic thoughts were unlike me, they said...

But they did not know me as much as Walter did.

As we set foot on a foreign land, hoping to start a new life and a fresh start--- we got the opposite. And this chapter of my life would forever change me mentally, physically and emotionally.

------------------------------------------

Imperial Metro Zone, Japan

The Imperial Metro Zone, a vast urbanized center of what was once known as the country of Japan. The Metro Zone was spanned from the Aomori to Hiroshima, with the rest being Red Zones. During the White Storm event, Japan was one of the countries that held the most survivors and cities during the catastrophe.

Hokkaido, Kyushu and Shikoku regions were considered inhospitable due to the aftermath of the event. Kyushu and Shikoku were seemingly a sea of fire and lava whilst Hokkaido was a cold desolate land of blinding ice storms and abnormal cold climate.Through the efforts of the Japanese Government, they were able to save and urbanize the central region.

Months after their departure from the US Metro Zones, the De Lune family settled down in Tsurugicho, a far-off district in Tokyo. The mother and daughter have been moving from one place to another in past, after the husband's untimely passing. Thanks to Mrs. De Lune's associate, she was able to land a well-paying job here in the Imperial Metro Zone; she had hoped that this would be the last time they would move.

Thanks to her mother's job, Virgilia was able to attend school and had a stable source of income. Though they lived in an apartment, it did not take long before they acquired a better shelter than they have now. Life seemed to be looking up for the De Lune family.

As for Virgilia herself, she was still indifferent about them living here. While she was not bullied at school and had no problems of communicating in Nihongo or Japanese with her classmates, she still felt lonely. Everyday she would wish her best friend, Walter was still there to knock on their door.

She would contact him, but Walter has yet to acquire a Holo-Console for long distance communication. So as a result, Virgilia had no way to even contact him. She would have to deal with the fact that she cannot be in touch with him for quite some time, and for years to come.

---------------------------------------------------------

Tsurugicho, Pedestrian Route

It was already night time when Virgilia headed for home. She had to make do with the extra time to complete their school project and have a bit of a cram session. Now being in Middle School, Virgilia was still struggling to cope up with the strict schedule.

She felt her head bursting at the seam with all that cramming. The past few days had been nothing but studying and school-related activities, there had been almost no time for social interactions. Virgilia was stressed, she can feel it weighing down on her shoulder.