II

After that whole ordeal, Sara and Laura came in front of me.

"It's obvious we have some serious training to do with you Kace."

The elder ravenette states, polishing her dagger with care. As she did, I noticed the weird items on her hands.

"What are those?"

I ask, pointing to her hands. She freezes in place.

"Gloves."

"What for?"

"To..."

Averting her eyes elsewhere, Sara seemed to quieten down from her normal sassy attitude.

"I-it's not important, I assure you Kace. Let's drop the subject."

The sudden side I had seen, disappeared altogether. It left as soon as it came, the girl regaining her posture whilst Laura looked on in an oblivious manner.

"Hey Sara?"

The younger tugged on her sleeve, whispering into Sara's ear. She smiled, ruffling her hair.

"Kace, if you want, you are dismissed."

I nod, picking up my bag.

"Next class is at seven in the morning. Please, don't be late."

I nod, leaving the two alone. Walking into the hallways, I try to process what exactly happened.

I was just beat up, really easily.

How?

Shaking my head, I sigh. I made my way to the royal gardens, only to find another individual there.

It was another girl with light brown hair which went to her shoulders eyes a stunning greyish blue. She wore a brown, loose-fitting top with ripped black pants.

"Excuse me, could you tell me where Miss Guerrero is?"

Her voice, sweet and melodic. I point to where I had gone from. She nods.

"Thank you erm..."

"Kace. Kace Chaser."

The female's eyes widened at the name, bowing quickly.

"I-I'm sorry sir, I didn't know it was you."

I smile. At least she isn't like Sara who didn't seem to care.

"No it's fine. You'd best get on your way."

With a blink, she nods to herself.

"Yeah. Yeah I should. Thank you!"

Before I could ask for her name, she was walking briskly towards the double doors. An exhale escaped my lips. Nice looking girl though, wish I knew her better. I saw a servant boy coming my way. From his ginger hair and wide smile,  I knew exactly who it was.

"Hey Kace! Didja' see that girl? She was asking me for directions she was!"

The boy shook me giddily, excited at his encounter with the female. I chuckle.

"Woah woah, calm down soldier boy."

I smile at him, replying his question from before.

"Yes I did see her and she came to me as well for directions."

His green eyes widened. "Really? You saw 'er and everythin'?"

He jumped up and down. I nod.

"Geez Bruno, you're really obsessed this time."