Chapter 33 Howlter

Brandon
I feel my heart race in my chest as ambers parents open the door , instantly their eyes land on me and i brace myself for what's going to happen next. If I had one word to describe the looks on their faces as we made eye contact it would be disgust.

"Sam... carol .. I'm so sorry." I'm lost for words as they continue to stare at me in disapproval. "And ... that's all you say? After everything , that's all you say?!"Sams (Ambers dads) voice starts to rise at the end of his sentence but i don't look away from him , I stay still ... not really sure how to fix the situation at hand. "Honey please calm down he's just a stupid boy ... he doesn't know any better." Amber's Mom harshly whispers , I can see tears in her eyes , I can see her trying to force them to disappear. Silence follows and i take a deep breath . "We all love amber, we all care about her , that's why we are all here, I never intended to hurt her"- "weather it was your intention or not you still hurt her and!"- " we know what your going through!" I interrupt Sam and I instantly regret it. "YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WERE GOING THOUGH!" He spits at me I give up. I don't want to fight . I don't see the point . My head drops and I look at the floor feeling myself feel more and more worthless as the seconds go by.

Then Robert grabs my hand

My heart skips a beat and my head snaps up. I glance over at him and he gives me a reassuring smile , squeezing my hand . I give him a grateful squeeze in return. Looking up at ambers parents once more , I all the sudden find the perfect words ...

"Your right , I can't possibly understand how it feels to raise a beautiful little girl , to love them , to nurture them and take care of them only to one day find out a stupid boy forced her to try to kill herself. I can't imagine how much this hurts for you right now... and all I can do is say I'm sorry , and apologies until you believe that I am so so sorry ... I didn't want this ! I never asked for this , but it happens and sometimes life does that too you and you just have to push through , so that's what I'm trying to do . And I hope that's something you can do to... I hope you can forgive me one day , I hope one day amber will be happy without me . But for now , we need to help each other , and we can't fight like this, do you think this is what amber would want? No. Because she loves all of us , and the fighting is exactly what made her do such an awful thing. I'm not saying we should all forgive each other instantly but eventually we should. And for now , let's say strong, for amber."

I see a tear slide down Ambers mother face and  she steps forward , wrapping me in her arms ... hugging me.

Ambers dad joins the hug and Robert lets go of my hand . I sigh into the hug , feeling more calm and safe knowing that even though I'm not touching Robert , he's there for me . And I'm there for him.

Felix
Marzia has tears in her eyes and I want to wipe them away... but I couldn't ever bring myself to do that . As Brandon and ambers parents hug I see doctors walking our way .

"Mrs and Mr Autumns please come this way we need you to sign some more forms ..." the doctor from before ... Shane I think , Interrupts the tender moment as the hug breaks apart and ambers mother , Carol I assume, wipes her eyes and ambers father , Sam, gives Brandon a pat on the back. Shane clears his throat and looks around at all of us "the rest of you , give amber 15-20 minuets alone before you visit her again." I nod to show I understand . "Oh Shane!" I hear the other doctor call , doctor ryland ... "the patients Mr and Mr Howlter need your assistance. Il take care of the forms for you ." I hear two gasps , I look to see Louise and Cats mouths in an O shape. "D-did you just say Howlter?!"

Louise's face brightens up and so does cats . "Why yes ... I did , but we're not supposed to talk about other patents with visitors." Ryland cocks an eye brow and cat jumps up excitedly "no no ! You don't understand . We know them! Is their first name dan and phil?!" Louise fidgets nervously as we wait for an answer "no it's not" Ryland reply's and we all sigh In disappointment . " it's Daniel and Phillip" he laughs cheekily and Shane nudges him "Yes! That's them!" Louise chirps "can we please visit them?!" Cat begs . "Oh alright ... Shane bring them with you." Shane nods and looks over to cat and Louise "ok you two come with me" they jump up excitedly but I can tell cat is nervous... she's bitting her lip and she only does that when she's nervous. "Bye cat ... good luck" I say to her as she leaves and she nervously smiles at me .

Marzia has a big smile on her face , which is odd for Marzia so I question her "what's that smile for?" She laughs "cats about to reunite with dan and phil! After all this time ..." she drifts off and I admire how much she cares about cat... I just wish she cared that much about me.