Chapter 2~ Remember

Tris' POV

Four walks out and I feel bad. He looked like he was going to cry. I wish I could remember him. All the other people that were with him leave. For some reason I feel like I knew him better than everybody else. Tobias. The one name I remember but i have no idea who it belongs to. I feel myself falling into a deep dreamless sleep.

~~~Page Break~~~~~~Later that night~~~

I wake up around midnight. I look around and see Four sitting in a chair near my bed. I try to sit up but end up falling back. Four looks at me. "Need some help" he asks. I nod and he grabs my hand, sending a warm feeling through my body, he pulls me up.

"thanks" i say. He smiles and sits back down. He closes his eyes and I think he falls asleep. I decide to do the same. I close my eyes and drift to sleep.

In Dream/ Flashback 1 (a/n: there are three flashbacks)

"but please when you see an opportunity" he presses his hand to my cheek and tilts my head so I look at him "ruin them". I laugh shakily. He had just saved me from Peter, Drew and Al, my own friend.

"you're a little scary Four" I say.

"do me a favor and don't call that"

"what should I call you then?"

"Nothing" he pauses and removes his hand "yet."

End of Flashback 1

Flashback 2

Al jumped into the chasm and I'm fighting with Four.

"i might not need you to help me. Ever think about that? I'm not weak, you know. I can do this on my own." I say.

He shakes his head. "you think my first instinct is to protect you because you're small, or a girl, or a stiff. But you're wrong" he leans closer to my face and wraps his fingers around my chin. "my first instinct is to push you until you break, just to see how hard i have to press" he says, his fingers squeezing my chin at the word "break".

His dark eyes meet mine "but i resist it"

"why...why is that your first instinct"

"fear doesn't shut you down it wakes you up. I've seen it. It's fascinating" he releases me but doesn't pull back, his hand grazes at my jaw and neck.

"sometimes i just... Want to see it again. Want to see you awake."

End of Flashback 2

Flashback 3

"it's bedtime" Christina says "ready to go back? I think I want to put Peter's hand in a bowl of warm water to make him pee tonight". We were throwing the newspapers on Abnegation in the chasm. I see a figure and I know it's Four.

"that sounds great, but I have to talk to Four about something" I say.

"are you sure you should be running around here alone at night?"

"I won't be alone, I'll be with Four" I say and bite my lip. She's not really paying attention.

"all right well, I'll see you later then" she says then her and Will walk away. I jog after Four. We make it to the fear landscape room.

"since you're here you might as well go in with me" he says without even looking back. He hoped I would come.

"into your fear landscape"

TO BE CONTINUED...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N~ Need ideas for Candor or Dauntless. Kik or message me ideas please. What do you think?