Chapter 2

Recap of the last chapter 

"Ms Baker?" Mrs. Anderson called me. I looked up from my seat and the next words that came out of her mouth surprised me.

Present 

"Yes Mrs. Anderson" I tried to respond in the calmest way possible.  Chuckling she started pulling a couple of papers from her desk drawer and walked over to me. 

"Ms. Lacey Marie-Anne Baker you are such a pleasure to have in class." She started, uh oh am I getting kicked out? "And you are one of the most best students in the class, but you do know that Ms. Teasdale here has to go back on tour to that boy band and you can't go unless you have graduated already and graduation isn't till a couple weeks away" She finished.  As I was about to open my mouth to respond she cut me off by handing me the papers and saying, "Which this is why I'm letting you graduate earlier than most of the students, also because you seem to know most of the techniques and have the potential to leave early with this certificate and your diploma right there in your hand." 

A hand flew into my mouth as tears started running down my face like the Nile River (Haha get it? Okay I think I'm officially lame) I immediately pulled Mrs. Anderson into a hug and I can tell she was in shock because it took her a couple seconds to hug back. 

"THANK YOU SO MUCH! THIS IS SO AMAZING!" I screamed in excitement as I jumped around in happiness. 

"Okay sweetie calm down we still need to take a picture of you" Lou said as she and Mrs. Anderson took their cameras out. I posed and they took many pictures, this is the one that Mrs. Anderson printed and Lou posted on twitter saying, “Congratulations to my new best friend who just graduated at the same Cosmetology school I went to. You'll be seeing her around a lot soon ;)” 

"Again thank you so much for everything you've done Mrs. Anderson, I really appreciate it" I said giving her one last hug, as Lou and I were about to walk out we got stopped by Mrs. Anderson 

"Lacey, make me proud dear. And keep in touch" She said smiling at me

"Will do" I responded smiling and waving one last time.

***

"Thanks for the ride. Do you want to come in and help explain to my parents?" I asked Lou as I got out of her car, she looked to me and nodded...

(Fast forward to end of explanation) 

"And that is why I have my diploma and graduation papers from Aveda!" I told my parents.  They were just nodding and I looked to Lou to help persuade them to letting me go. 

"Please Mr. and Mrs. Baker it'll be a good experience. I will look after her like I look after my daughter Lux, and I will even make her room with me." She said, my parents look at each other and do some type of mind talking and nod. 

"Okay your mother and I agree to allow you to go as long as you check in with us every 2-3 days to make sure you're okay" My dad replied

"AND you must always pick up whenever we call and we will need a couple emergency contact numbers from Lou, now go pack" My mom added in.

Lacey's POV: 

"LACEY YOUR RIDE IS HERE" Shouted the voice of my father.

Yep today is the day I am going to leave my family and travel the world as an aspiring stylist following in Lou Teasdale's steps. I looked down at my outfit and headed downstairs to see my parents crying. 

"I'll be back before you know it... I love you guys" I said enveloping them in to a hug. 

"We know Lacey, it’s just you're our only daughter and we care about you so much" My mom told me as tears started to pour down even more. 

"Just be careful and don't get hurt! If my baby comes home crying I will beat the ass of the kid who broke your heart" My father said smiling as if he was proud of what he has just told me

HONK! HONK!

"I guess that's my signal" I said to the two of them giving them one last hug before leaving the house and leaving my normal life on the way out. As I got into the blacked out car Lou turned to me smiling sympathetically. 

"Sorry we had to rush ya back there, we were running late" She told me, I just nodded in return looking out the window. 

Half an hour into the drive the airport coming into view. My stomach erupted in butterflies and I started feeling really nervous all of a sudden. This is such a huge change in my life and I don't know if I'll be perfect for the job, I guess Lou seemed to notice because at the moment she spoke up. "Lacey babe, you'll do fine! I know it! Plus you graduated earlier than most people and if you don't like it I'll send you home early." She told me smiling. I looked up and realized that maybe I am capable of this job. 

"Thanks so much for everything.” I told her hugging her. 

"Okay, trust me, I love your hugs, but we better get in the airport if we want to make it in time" Lou said looking at her watch.

We headed in and there was a lot more people in the airport than the usual times I've come here. After check in, baggage check and going through security we finally headed to our seats in the airplane. 

The plane has finally set off in the sky and I guess this is the start of something new.