Love You Both

A/N: Not every polyamorous relationship is a triad, and not every polyamorous relationship works without jealousy. But every relationship deserves respect and support. I decided to write their feelings this way, but every other version of polyamory is valid too. Love is love <3.

Thanks again to my wonderful beta rainbowsraging!

Insomnia wasn't a well-known thing for Scott. But to be honest, in this moment he couldn't imagine anything more perfect than staying awake. Sleeping is almost a waste of time, at least as long as he's lying in this bed.

Not his bed. This bed.

The first time he slept in this bed was six weeks ago, but it feels a lot longer. He's so familiar with the room, with the scent, with the light – with the boys behind his back.

He's lying on his right side and looks through the window, counting the streetlights over and over again. He squirms slightly now and then, trying to avoid waking up his beautiful lovers, as he tries to find a comfortable position for his aching back.

Okay, aching is a little exaggerated, to be honest. It's more stinging. But it reminds him of earlier that evening. The first time he challenged Mason.

He has always been a particular kind of a sub. He is loud, he is strong, he is powerful, he is proud. It isn't his nature to obey, he isn't pliant. No, he needs to be forced to submit. But he has never before found a man who was willing – or worse, who was capable – to fill his needs.

Mason is the first.

Scott smiles a bit when he remembers Mason's smile and Mark's frown when he declined a demand. Everything was right in that moment. Mason wasn't confused, he reacted completely relaxed and forced Scott into his place – the place he's wanted.

Scott loves to be childish, to be bratty, to be punished, to be forced. But he also wants to be pampered, to be cherished, to be adored.

He wants to be loved.

He has never met a man, a Dom, who understood all of these opposing needs. But Mason was different. He was his friend, his equal, his lover, and his Sir. Even the bare thought of this declaration arouses Scott and makes his back sting, reminding him that he'd refused to use the title to earn his punishment.

Scott smiles at that memory, he has to admit that he was just a little bit bratty, just to test Mason. But his Sir dealt with him so well, Scott can't wait to tease him even more. And more. And more.

The only problem – he doesn't know what Mark will think of it. Mark has been always the pliant sub who obeys any demand immediately . And Scott can't make any assumptions about what Mark is feeling about him being so different. They didn't spill the tea yet, but Scott has liked both boys for longer than just these 6 weeks. In fact, he likes them a lot, and he doesn't want to mess things up by being difficult.

He sighs softly and turns around, frowning a bit at the sting he feels in his back. He finds Mason lying flat on his back and Mark nuzzled to his side, his head resting on Mason's chest. Scott decides to mirror this position and places his head on the other side of the broad chest, his face just inches apart from Mark's.

"Is your back still hurting?" Mark's whispers, startling Scott. He hadn't noticed that his fellow sub was awake too.

"Not really, just a little bit", he answers as quietly as possible to avoid waking Mason.

"Should I put ointment on the marks?" Mark is looking a bit worried.

Scott smiles. "No, but thank you. It's not that bad, and to be honest, I like how it feels"