Intoxicating

I instantly pushed him off me as I walked away to Grace. God! How could he think that he would just be able to hook up with the most popular girl at school?!

I had promised Grace that I wouldn't do anything I usually wouldn't when it came to Byron, even though I low key craved his gorgeous body.

I had made grace put her drink down next to mine and grabbed her wrist. I made our way to the door of the games room and we both stepped outside. I swiftly walked the two of us to the dance room (yes Joe has one of those in his mansion house) where all the drunk or stoned teenagers were dancing.

I swung my self around to face her started to dance, with many people watching us. I heard a few comments about us (mostly dirty) which I chose to ignore and have a fun time with my bff.

We had danced to many songs by multiple artists and by the end of what seem like forever, I slowly made my way outside to catch my breath. Grace wanted to stay and dance with a guy who had hit on her, even though she probably wouldn't remember it in the morning.

I walked over to the gazebo that was not to far from the door, to chill. A few minutes passed where I just listened to the wind, drunken teens who had stumbled outside and the loud music. Then, suddenly there was a person next to me.

It was Byron who was either smoking a joint or cigarette, but it was to dark to exactly identify.

"Dude, take a hint. I don't like you," I said taking a step away from him.

"I know you don't," he replied with a slight grin.

"Then why the hell are you near me?" I asked while crossing my arms over as he leaned on the railing; looking out at the garden. "And for Christ's sake, go smoke somewhere that isn't near me."

"But I like it here, hun," he spoke deeply, blowing out a thick cloud of smoke making me cough.

"Well, hun, I'm going back inside," I started to walk off but was immediately cut off by Byron's body.

"But I like it here with you," he said looking straight into my eyes making me weaken at the knees. "And I like your kisses."

This made me scoff and roll my eyes. How desperate was this guy? I mean I could kiss him right here as I did have a slight liking towards him, but he had just smoked and I didn't want to taste that. So, instead, I placed my hand on his shoulder and rounded him to walk away.

I was just about to lift my hand off his shoulder, but he grabbed my wrist; disabling me to go any further. He pulled me back to him, which made me stumble in my heels and fall onto his hard chest. I place my hands on his torso, to act as a barrier between him and me.

I didn't pull away, but instead, leant into the warmth his body was emitting. Byron started to sway us slightly as if we were dancing to slow music, but really the music we could here was very fast.

"I have a hunch that you lied before," he said lowly, allowing me to hear how husky his voice sounded after a smoke.

"About what?" I questioned, without moving from his swaying body.

"I anticipate that you like me." To this I didn't reply, I had no voice. I couldn't let him know though, even though I feel like he wouldn't remember this conversation happening as he was drunk. The most I could bring myself do was shake my head.

"Sure you don't, Hannah."