chapter one

Seeing how sad Harry looks when he sings if i could fly live on tour and then him stopping for what feels like an eternity before he sings louis' part is what inspired me to have a go of writing this fic.
Also i love the song so much, it's so beautiful.
I'm praying it's relatively good, fingers crossed.

Enjoy X

"I've got scars, even though they can't always be seen
And pain gets hard, but now you're here and I don't feel a thing"

I hear Niall sing his verse to the screaming crowd, their phone torches creating the illusion of stars, twinkling in the pitch black abyss. It kind of reminded me of myself. The abyss, not the twinkling.

Liam places an arm on my shoulder and squeezes it slightly, bringing me out of my trance.
"Sing, bro" he whispers

I look up to see thousands of faces staring up at me, screaming at the top of their lungs.

"and forget who you are
I'm missing half of me when we're apart
Now you know me, for your eyes only
For your eyes only"

••••••••••••

"Oh my god, the crowd was insane!" Niall chirped, bouncing like an annoyingly excited puppy who shit on the training mat for the first time.

"I FEEL SO ALIVE" he shouts as he runs down the back corridor of the arena ahead of us

I search the corridor for Harry. The lack of chocolate brown locks lets me know that, like every other show this month, he's gone straight back to the hotel.

He's avoiding me. I would avoid me too, that doesn't make it hurt any less though.

"You okay, Lou?" Liam asks as he trails behind me
"All good, mate" i give him a monotoned smile.
He gives me a sympathetic look and then smiles.
"Harry will come around eventually, you know he will" he tries to reassure me with a pat on the back and then he speeds past me and towards the Irish fella.

"i don't think he will, not this time" i whisper to myself as i plod along after them.

Okay, this chapter is extremely short but it's just my starting point. The rest of the chapters will be far longer than this so don't worry.
What a dream for us all to hear one direction perform If I Could Fly live, huh?