It's Never Been Easy

"The People of the Court v. Nakahara Chuuya. How do you plead?"

"Not guilty, your honor. W-Wait... Chuuya?"

Chuuya looked up and his eyes widened in shock. "Dazai?!"

"What is the problem Mr. Dazai?"

"I'm sorry your honor. It seems I know this defendant. I'll have to hand this over to my colleague." Dazai said as he handed Kunikida the file. Kunikida stood next to Chuuya, and Chuuya looked annoyed.

"So, your honor I say we hold Chuuya on a bail of 1063490.00 (10,000) ¥."

"Are you serious?!" The judge said displeased. "Not only was he prostituting, and under the influence. But he stuck a screw driver in a man's testicles."

Chuuya rolled his head and tsked. "He tried to fucking rape me! What?! Was I just supposed to let him?!" Chuuya said angrily.

"You prostitute for a living Mr. Nakahara how do you think men see you?"

Chuuya chuckled angrily. "This is the fucking problem with you people. I don't care what I have on, or how many people I fuck, or what someone views me as. That doesn't mean I want someone to force themselves on to me you bitch!"

"Bail is set at 5317450.00 (50,000) ¥. He will be held in one of the holding cells until he can make bail."

"That's bullshit!"

"Shut that mouth of yours Mr. Nakahara before I revoke your bail in general. Also, if you happen to make bail don't miss your court date again. Officer get him in holding."

The officer listened as he took Chuuya to the back.

*

Dazai stood outside patiently and he looked up as he saw Chuuya coming out of the court house. Chuuya was walking down the stairs and Dazai stopped him.

"Chuuya..."

"Don't... I don't even want to hear it."

"Fine... Then answer me this... Why are you doing this? Why are you out on the streets?"

Chuuya chuckled. "I never knew you cared." Chuuya said sarcastically. "So, was it you who paid my bail?"

"I did... I think there is someone who can really help you clean yourself up and get you off the streets."

"Right... So where do you want to do this? We can do it in your car, at your house, I'm not tripping-"

"Woah-Woah wait. You think I want to fuck you? That, that's why I paid your bail?"

"Well why else? There isn't shit free in this world. You must want something out of this."

"I don't want anything Chuuya... really. If you really want to make it up to me then let's have lunch. Please?" Dazai begged.

Chuuya looked hesitant.

"You look like you haven't had a good meal in a while. C'mon."

*

And right Dazai was. Chuuya was shuffling his food into his mouth quickly. It was clear Chuuya had been starving. Dazai was looking at Chuuya with curious eyes and Chuuya noticed this.

"What? Can you not look at me like that?"

"Sorry." Dazai said lightly. "It's just- you..."

"I what? Look different? Yeah... heroin does that to you."

"You shouldn't do that... you're pale... and skinny... and"

"Look. I don't need you to fucking pity me okay? You should have just let me rot in that jail cell... instead of bailing me out to make yourself feel better."