Its Because I Love You

"...how is he?" Dazai asked softly.

"I'll admit not as bad as the first few days but I can tell Chuuya has been a heorin addict for a long time. Him trying to become clean is very hard. We've had to keep him strapped to the bed mostly not only for our safety but his as well he's very agitated which is normal with withdrawal." The doctor stepped over to the medical room glass and she pressed the button.

"Chuuya, honey. How're you holding up?" She asked.

"...Please..." Chuuya begged. "... Please... I just need a little... That's all... Please..." Chuuya begged as he panted and sweated.

"Chuuya you know we can't do that." She said calmly.

"Fuck you lady! Let me out!" Chuuya screamed as he viciously tugged on the restraints.

Dazai's eyes widened. "I've never seen him act like this..."

"Withdrawal can be an ugly reality to just how badly drugs affect people. We aren't meant to keep shooting that shit up into our bodies."

"Ugh... I-I'm gonna be sick..." Chuuya mumbled and then threw up on the side of the hopsital bed. Dazai rushed into the room and he was immediately at Chuuya's side rubbing his back tenderly. The doctor came in the room and she used the nurse call button and told them to send someone in to clean up the floor where Chuuya threw up. Dazai looked at her in concern.

"Don't worry it's also normal. His body is adjusting to not taking the drugs anymore. It's fighting off the drugs to get stronger. When Chuuya first arrived that was the hardest night and it was almost impossible to find a vein because the drugs had made the veins so weak and small." The nurse came in with the janitor, and the janitor cleaned up the floor quickly and nicely and he stepped back out of the room.

"I'll give you two some space. Maybe him having a vistor will make him feel better." She smiled.

"Thank you Yosano-sensei."

"No problem." She said before stepping out of the room.

"... Dazai... Please get me out of here..."

"I can't do that Chuuya. I can't take you home until you're clean."

"I will be! I promise! Just please... Please get me out of here!"

"...no."

Chuuya screamed as he pulled on the restraints and tried to free himself.

"Chuuya... Chuuya stop... Chuuya stop it you're hurting yourself..."

Chuuya spit in Dazai's face. "Fuck you! Get out! Get the fuck out! You useless piece of shit!"

"Chuuya..."

"Get out! Your friends took everything from me! My dignity, my pride, my confidence, my freedom! Everything! I can't walk the street without being worried of any man I pass by... If he's going to be anything like your friends! They raped me and they're still walking free... Just get out..."

"I-I'm sorry... I didn't-"

"Well sorry can't fix much now can it..."

Dazai stood up and he left the room. Yosano was standing outside the room and she looked at Dazai sadly. "When did this happen?"

Dazai sniffled. Wiping his face. "When Chuuya was in college. It was at a party. I had left only for a little to go pick up some beer... I never... I never thought they'd hurt him..." Dazai cried. "I have felt so guilty about it for so long... I wish... I wish I could make it right... But I can't..."

"You can. Prosecute them."

"How? Japan has the lowest laws for rapist. If I did... They wouldn't even do any jail time. The last two cases I did involving rape, both walked free. And it was horrible to have to put both of those woman through so much pain only for them to walk away. I don't want to reopen an old wound for Chuuya... And I don't want him to be disappointed when they don't do anytime..."