4. Double Vision

A/N: Adam pictured above

Callie's POV

What the fuck is going on? I thought breathlessly as Ethan nipped his way down my jawline playfully. Was he drunk or simply extremely happy to see me? I understood I must have looked a little different from the last time we had seen each other and I hadn't been exactly keeping in touch except for the occasional email, but what had changed? My heart sped up as he started to lick and suck the sweet spot in the crook of my neck.

I should be embarrassed. Ethan and I were practically dry humping each other in the backseat of a cab while we left the Downtown Lake Tahoe and winded our way through the mountains to his house. Which was of course situated right next to mine.

Too soon, the cab stopped and Ethan gave a large bill to the driver. He opened the door for me and my heart stopped as he grasped my hands and pulled me in towards his body. The cool air along with the sudden presence of his lips on mine made me shiver. I hoped to God that my father was either asleep or still slaving away at the office and not happening to be looking out his bedroom window at this exact moment. His bedroom was situated on the ground floor of our home, the windows of it facing Ethan's house. I glanced through my lashes over to my house but all lights except the porch were mercifully out.

"Cold?" Ethan's voice murmured huskily into my ear. His tone was almost my undoing and once again my traitorous knees bent slightly under his influence. I lightly licked his neck as he moaned and supported my wobbly legs.

"A little," I said, lying. I grinded surreptitiously on his erection. I was a little drunk, but in no way did I want to give the neighbors a show in the front yard either.

He planted a quick kiss on my forehead and said, "Come." Gladly.

He grabbed my ass and lifted me up to him. I immediately wrapped my legs around his waist and he deepened the kiss. I moaned appreciatively and he walked towards his front door. I sat there upon his waist, clinging to him like a limpet.

He lightly bit my lip while fumbling in his pockets for his keys. He set me down lightly to gain better access to the inside of his pants pockets. I moaned a little louder as he gently sucked my bottom lip and there was a noise behind me. A door opened and a familiar timbre coming from behind me made me lose grip on reality.

"Hey, Bro. I thought you were at the club so I figured I would-" and the voice cut off. I turned unsteadily on one heel and couldn't believe my eyes. Hands closed on my waist from behind me so I knew this wasn't some dream. I forgot to breathe as Ethan stood before me in a pair of sweats and a wife beater shirt.

"Ethan?" I whimpered, my voice betraying me. Dammit. I looked from the man in front of me to the one behind me as black spots formed in front of my eyes. I willed myself to breathe but I found I couldn't. I took one step to the side, trying to break away from the twin visions of perfection. 

Great, not only was I completely infatuated with him but I was seeing double now.

I tried to hitch in a breath between my teeth as my instinct to flee became greater. The world swayed and I blinked. The blink seemed to last forever. I didn't open my eyes as I felt a gust of wind as the ground rushed up to meet me.

*****

Ethan's POV

"What the fuck Emmett?" I growled lowly as I paced back and forth along the plush carpet in my bedroom. I glanced concernedly down on the sleeping figure on the bed as she sighed in her sleep and mumbled something lightly which I couldn't discern. My heart clenched and my stomach dropped a little. She was beautiful even with her sultry makeup smudged in her drowsy slumber.