|| two

THE NEXT DAY WAS THE SAME THING Cythia and Jules went to make fun of them with their goons while Jacqueline and Alex tried to avoid them as soon as possible. It was last period, everyone was excited to leave the school already, hang out with friends, go shopping or even partying. But that's not the case for Jacqueline.

She has to go to a pre school to help the teachers there with the kids and stuff, she loves her work and she loves the children as well but sometimes she just wants to go home and rest the day away. The last period was PE, everyone's favourite. Jacqueline was changed into her PE attire which was blue jogging pants and a white shirt with the school's logo.

As they entered the gymnasium she cursed under her breath when she saw Cynthia and her goons, plus Jules with his goons as well. Alex was still in the locker room, changing into his PE attire, he waited for the boy's to leave the room so that he could look at himself in the mirror. Once they were all out, he walked in front of the mirror and fixed himself, adjusted his shirt, ruffled his hair and he sighed. Staring at his blank self before he heard the whistle of their teacher.

He jogged into the gym alone making all the people look at him and laugh under their breaths. Once Jacqueline turned to look at what they were laughing at, Alex was already standing beside someone who practically moved away from him. Jacqueline let out a confused expression plaster on her face and looked at the teacher instead, but Cynthia noticed this and smirked before pulling Jules' shirt as she whispered something to her which made him agree and peck her lips.

"Okay everyone, today we will play the game dodgeball. And if you don't know the game I don't understand why you don't know the game at all, you're 17 you should know this already" the teacher said making everyone furrow their brows and shake their heads. After grouping them, group A and group B were playing.

Alex was in group B and he was playing against Jules' team which he was nervous about. As he looked at Jules' way he already smirked, "I'm ready to take you down Lawther" he said and threw the ball towards him which he quickly dodged and ran to the other side. People were cheering and yelling at the opposite group, Jacqueline sat there looking at the game and clapping as she cheered like the others.

Alex felt proud of himself because he wasn't hit yet, but the ball was passed so quickly he didn't notice that Jules was aiming it towards him and when he threw the ball, it hit his  stomach really hard making him fall to the ground with a thud. Some gasped including Jacqueline, but most of them laughed. Alex looked up to Jules who smirked in triumph, "Got yah long face" he whispered as Alex limped to the other side.

After the period, everyone went to the locker room to take a shower, Jacqueline didn't mind taking a shower and after she did she changed back into the clothes she was wearing. She was drying her hair when the lights suddenly turned off, she looked up the lights and furrowed her brows. "Hello? Anybody still there?" She called and looked around. She grabbed the towel and her bag before throwing the towel inside the locker before closing it to reveal a tall boy.

Jacqueline let out a small scream as he held onto her waist and lifted her up the ground and placed her on his shoulders, "Let go of me!" She yelled as the boy walked them out of the girl's locker room. She was afraid, her heart was beating so fast as she was carried by the boy, she moved a lot by punching his back. She noticed that they were walking  towards the boy's locker room, her  eyes widened as she wiggled more.

Once this boy opened the door up he threw on to the floor and dusted himself off. Jacqueline groaned as her arm hit the floor, "See you never!" The boy said and closed the door on her and she ran to try and pry the doors open. "Let me go! Please someone!" She yelled and kicked the door repeatedly.  Jacqueline was afraid of being alone in the dark, her heart was beating so fast she kept on kicking the door to pry it open.

"That won't work" a voice said behind her and she let out a scream and turned around, it was pretty dark but she could make out the tall figure standing feets away from her. "Who are you? Please don't hurt me" she said. The boy stepped out and walked to where the lights were and turned it on, the buzzing could be heard and the lights flickered on and there stood Alex.

His face was slightly red due to being slapped, his lip was bleeding since Jules punched him so hard in the face. Jacqueline breathed heavily as she looked at him, "W-What are you doing here? W-who are you?" She asked and stood there and he raised his hands to protest. Alex shook his head, "I'm not going to hurt you... they did this to me too" he said and sat on the benches. Jacqueline looked at him, until she realised that this boy was the same boy that Jules threw the ball at.

She nodded and sighed, she looked around the boy's locker room and scratched her head. "Is there another way out of here?" She asked him, Alex was just sitting there, hissing slightly before shaking his head. "I didn't know you are going to be stuck here as well" he spoke, that did not answer her question at all. Jacqueline shrugged, "That Cynthia girl, hates me to death. I barely knew that girl" she said and sat down across him.

He was blank, did not show any emotion what so ever, this was new to him, this was really new to him. Talking to someone, especially from the opposite sex, sure he has sisters but this one is different. She goes to his school, and she is treated the same way as he is. Alex glanced at the girl that was picking her nails, she was nervous and afraid, he could tell.

"This isn't the first time this kind of bullshit happened to you, am I right?" Jacqueline asked and looked at him, "Yeah" he answered plainly and stood up to walk to the sink nearby. He twisted the knob and look at the pouring water for a second before washing his face, he was so calm about this, his aunt wouldn't mind him not home, they would think he is at a friends house or something.

But Jacqueline on the other hand was, she regretted that she waited for the girl's to finish up before she showered alone. She regretted that she showered late at night, it made her shiver in nervousness and fear. What about her mom? She was so worried that she began to cry, she was so weak, so unbelievably weak.

Her sobs could be heard throughout the whole locker room, Alex stood there watching her through the mirror. His face was blank, he did not give any emotion at all, he pursed his lips. "Are you afraid that you're stuck with me?" He asked and she looked up at him with red eyes. She never let anyone see her cry, but it was a little dark and the light was not that bright above them.

"No, I mean- I don't know... I don't even know you" Jacqueline said and looked away from the boy, she wiped her tears with her sleeves and touched her pockets to feel her phone. Her heart skipped a beat when she realised it was in her bag, her bag was left inside the girl's locker room. "What a fucking moron" she cursed at herself and stood up to kick the locker behind her. She was so mad at herself for being so dumb, so patient, and so weak. Jacqueline kept kicking, she felt like her feet was going to bruise but she didn't care.

Alex only looked at her, until he listened to her sob again. He hesitantly stood up and grabbed her arm, "Stop it" He said and she sobbed once again, Alex knew that being locked inside a locker room was not as bad as you think but she was not him. She had a family to attend to, unlike him. Jacqueline didn't hug him, she stood there sobbing with her back towards Alex's chest. He raised his hand to pat her back, "I-I'm sorry, you can tell your mom about it tomorrow... She'll probably understand" Alex said stammering.

Jacqueline shrugged and slowly pulled her arm off his grasp, what did he expect, for her to hug him? He frowned and walked backwards as she stood there with her back faced to him as she wiped her eyes. When she turned around, she looked at him.

"I'm Jacqueline Wilsen, and you are?"

••