Don't Look Back

(Image of Kayden)

Tarja's POV

I stare at my mum blankly, not knowing what to say; I mean I can't believe she just hugged me. I didn't think she even cared about me anymore.

A tear falls down my face, and I see my mum slowly start to back away. She hovers over my dad for second before reaching into his back pocket of his pants and grab out his wallet. She hands me a large roll of bills and a few credit cards. I look up from my hand to my mother who stands before me. She gently wipes a tear from my face.

"I'm so sorry Tarja... I never meant to hurt you, but you need to go. Run. And don't look back!" A tear escapes my mums eyes and I quickly wipe it away and embrace her for one last hug.

"I... i love you mum..." I whispered, although she could barely hear me.

I turn on my heel and slowly walk over to the back door and take one last look at my mum and unconscious dad. I sling my bag over my shoulder before bolting out of the door and down the driveway.

I run as fast as I can. I don't have a single clue as to where I'm going so I just continue to run in any direction.

Thank god I've always been good at track.

When I finally start to get a bit tired and slow down to a walking pace, I realise I have no idea where the hell I am.

I take out my phone from my back pocket and decide to ring my best friend Camille. She answered on the second ring.

"Hey Tarj. What's up?"

I continued walking along the footpath noticing that I was I the richer suburbs of Ashgrove Hills. I sit on a bench that boarders a park.

"Cami... I-I'm free." I hear a high pitched squeal as a response so I take that as a good sign.

"OMFG! Tarja you're free! What are you going to do? Where are you-" I cut her off from her nonsense rambling.

"Hey Cami, I'm sort of lost in the richer part of town. And no, I have no idea what I'm gonna do now." I contemplate on how much a motel room would cost.

"No probs T. I just ordered you an über to my house and you can stay here until you decide what you want to do." I sigh of relief.