Chapter 11

Three months have passed since Lilly lived with me. Fortunately, Will moved out of his apartment to live with Natalie. So Lilly and I were able to spread out in the apartment. I moved to my old room and Lilly got Will's room because it was bigger. Kim and Natalie helped us to design a beautiful girl's room.

I sat at my desk. By the last case, a lot of paperwork accumulated, which I worked now.

"Halstead. You have a visitor," Platt said. I looked up from my work and saw Abby.

"Abby, what are you doing here?" I asked in surprise.

"I'm here to get Lilly home," Abby said

"W-what? You can't just take her with you now," I said.

"Oh yes Jay. I can and I'll take Lilly with me," Abby said.

"Why so suddenly?" I asked curiously. I'm not ready to let that little girl go. Not now where we understand each other so well.

"Do you really think I will leave my child with you for longer than necessary? She ran away from you and was almost killed by a murderer." She hissed

"Um. I can explain that..." I stammered.

"Spare me the explanation. I still have Lilly's custody, meaning she will still come with me today." Abby said.

"If I am allowed to interfere. Should not Lilly decide who she wants to live with, or when she goes back to Philadelphia? "Ruzek said.

"I agree with that. You guys can't kick Lilly back and forth like a ball," Kevin said.

"No one asked for your opinion," Abby said, "I'll pick up Lilly at about 5pm." Then she disappeared down the stairs.

I glanced at her, shocked. Atwater, Ruzek and Kim were excited about the rest of their working hours. But ultimately, Abby belonged custody and Lilly will be glad to see her mom again...

CPDCPDCPD

"Dad. Why are you picking me up?" Lilly asked. Voight gave me the half day free.

"Um. Because... Abby is picking you up today." I finally said.

"Mom is back?" Lilly asked. The joy could be clearly recognized in her.

"Yes."

"That's nice."

At home, Lilly waited impatiently for her mom. We played a game together before I started packing her clothes in the travel bag.

"Why do you pack my things together?" Lilly asked.

"Abby wants to take you home," I replied curtly.

"But here is my home now," she said. I smiled sadly. She was right.

"I know, but your mom misses you," I said.

"Then she should move in here, too," Lilly said.

"That won't do. Abby and I... that doesn't work." I said.

Shortly there was a knock on the door. I opened the door. Abby and a man stepped inside.

"Lilly!" She was happy and took her daughter in the arm. Lilly seemed not at all happy to see the man. She was in shock.

"I missed you Princess," she said.

"I do, too," Lilly whispered.

"Everything packed? The taxi is waiting." He said, and I handed him the travel bag.

"But ... but I do not want to leave," Lilly sniffed, "I want to stay with dad."

"Oh Lilly. Your friends are waiting and not to forget Grandma," she said

"Here I have friends and Dad and Uncle Will and Kim and Adam and Natalie..."

"Okay. I understand. You've met new friends. Can we go now?" he said annoyed.

"I will not come with you. Not as long as he lives with us." Lilly said, crossing her arms.

"Lilly stops. He never did anything to you. You should finally respect that he belongs to our life. And you will live with him." Abby said.

"No way. I will stay here. Please," Lilly howled, "Daddy do something about it."

"Um. Abby. Think about it. Lilly can live here. Do you really want to tear her out of her environment?" I said, "She doesn't seem to be thrilled to see your boyfriend."

"Stay out of there Jay. This is not your business." She said.

"I guess so. My daughter is unhappy in his environment. I also know her medical records. She was very frequent in the emergency room. I think he knows what I'm getting at."

"That's totally ridiculous. Lilly come let's go." She said.

"NO!"she screamed.

"Abby. Please think about it." I said.

"Jay. You represent a danger to our daughter. I should never have brought her here." She said.

"But I ran away. Dad did not know about it." Lilly said.

"Lilly is enough. You will come with us." Abby said.

"But I want to stay here!" Lilly yelled.

"Lilly. I promise you that we visit us during the holidays." I said, and squatted down to her height.

"I want to stay here," Lilly howled.

"I know. Come here sweetie." I said, taking her in my arms.

"You can always come here. Please don't let everything to you. I'll do something about it. I Promise you." I whispered in her ear, pressing a last kiss on her forehead.

"I love you Daddy." Lilly cried, "I'll miss you."

"I love you and I miss you, too," I whispered. We parted from the embrace and Abby reached for Lilly's hand.

"Finally," he moaned.

"Goodbye Jay," she said.

"Bye daddy," Lilly cried.

"Goodbye sweetie," I said.