Chapter 6

Yukine screamed in agony, shortly followed by the blighted god lying on the dirt floor.

Hiyori went to try and stop the four, "What are they-" Only to be held back by Kofuku.

I spoke up to explain the the human girl. "An ablution involves purifying the flesh through burning. They're useing the Regalia borderline to hold him in place and cleanse him." Ao and Hana looked at the scene in horror in their Regalia form. "Hana, Ao." They reverted to their human form. "Come here." I ushered them over and held them like a mother would her child.

"They're doing- what?" Hiyori said in absolute shock.

"They all used to be human," Kofuku took over explaining, "only Regalias may judge the sins of other Regalias."

Yukine suddenly started to use his body to bang against the border. "Stop it! Let me out, damnit!"

"Once am ablution has officially begun, it's not safe to stop until it's over." We all stared at the scene. I was still cradling my youngest Regalias in my arms. "Not until the Regalia has confessed and repented all of their sins. Every last one of them." Kofuku finished.

"Yukine! Confess your evils, do it now!!" Daikoku ordered from outside the border.

"Shut up!" Yukine screamed. "I'll kill you for this!" He fell to the ground shortly after.

"If he refuses," Dark red wings started to sprout from Yukine's back. Hiyori lightly screamed at the sight, covering her mouth. Once the wings fully sprouted, Yato spat blood out from his mouth.

"Harder! He's becoming a phantom!" Kazuma urged.

The four Regalia in turn concentrated to enhance the barrier, pushing it closer to Yukine. Yukine and the phantoms on his back screeched in pain. He started to fly to the top, banging against the border with his body once more. Yato was agonizing in pain on the floor. Yukine fell, causing Yato to cough up more blood.

"Stop watching!" Kofuku pleaded to Hiyori and hugged her.

"This is cruel! You have to stop them!! He can't take it!" Hiyori yelled.

"That's just it." I spoke up. "We can't. As Kofuku said, once the ritual starts it can't be stopped. If it fails, the God and the Regalias participating in this will die as well. We might as well carry it through to the end." I gave a hard look to the girl. Ao and Hana we're shaking in my arms.