2 • akward coffee

It is the next day, when I played a match in an important game.
My Team is about to win, it was pretty easy for us.
In the end we won and got the money.

I sighed and leaned back, looking out of the window on my left. It is a cloudy day, it is also about to rain, maybe even storm. For whatever reason, I thought of that cashier, Byeongkwan again. Maybe because it was very dark at night, almost as dark how the clouds darken the atreets before the stoem. He had a really pretty face I must say..

"You again with your gay thoughts", I whispered to myself and shook my head.
I wrote a message to my friends that I'm offline for a while, because I wanted to take a walk after that long match.
It was still pretty early, about 11am when I leaved the house. I walked along the streets, looking at the colorful leaves on the floor. I really like the fall, the air feels cold and fresh, colorfull leaves are everywhere and after the mostly got summer it feels very fresh to have such a cool weather.

After about 20 minutes I come across the gas station, where Byeongkwan was working at. After considered if I should go in, I went in with the excuse that it's still early and I need coffee. So I went in, hoping to see Byeongkwan, but he's nowhere to be found. I went up to the cashier, which was a girl, also about my age. She had long, dark brown hair and overall a pretty face.
If i was straight, i would lrobably be whipped for her.
She smiled at me:"what can I do for you?"
I ordered a coffee and she nodded, then went up for the cafe machine and started to make the coffee. While the coffee was running into my paper cup, I paid for it.

While I was waiting, I heard a door open and someone talking to that girl. I looked at the cashier and saw her talking to Byeongkwan. Maybe his girlfriend? Or his sister?

Wait does it even matter for me? I don't know him at all, why am I interested?

When my coffee was ready, the girl said it loudly and handed me the coffee. I smiled at her and tried not to look at him, knowing that I would stare at him. I shyly grabbed my coffee and without putting sugar as usual in it, I just left.

Behind my I could her Byeongkwan talking and the girl giggling, but after the door closed, I couldn't hear anything. Slightly relieved I took a deep breath and sipped my coffee. I wanted to walk further because near the gas station was a big park, but someone held me back.

In a shook I turned around, just to see Byeongkwans face. I still havens realized that he's standing in front of me, when he chuckled at my reaction, "did I scare you?"

I shook my head and laughed it of, then turning my glare from his eyes to my coffee in my hand.
"Uhm.. my shift endet, do you want to grab a coffee together?", he asked me.
"A bit late, don't you think", I answered while holding up my coffee. He nervously laughed,"oh man.. It's on me! The coffee here doesn't taste anyway."
I couldn't refuse his offer, so he searched for a coffee shop near us on Google.