9.

"Leigh babe, I am really sorry but I have to fly home. You know important my brother is to me." I begged for my dark haired girlfriend to understand. 

I was currently on tour with Little Mix, supporting my girlfriend Leigh, when I got a phone call off my mum saying that my brother had been taken into hospital. I had to take the earliest flight back to London.

"I know that. Of course I know that." She huffed. "I just wish I could come too. I want to support you." She sighed, looking away. I knew my girlfriend, and I knew she only did this so I didn't see the tears fall. 

"You just have one show left baby, then you can be with me

"You just have one show left baby, then you can be with me." I tried to reassure her, even though I was full of worry myself. 

"I know but how can I get through this one show knowing that Tom is ill." 

Me and Leigh had been dating for six years and Tom was like a brother to her too. I could read the worry in her face. 

"The girls will get you through it. Trust me, you don't know how much I want and need you there with me. But you can catch a flight tomorrow and be with me then." It was now my turn to cry.

Leigh engulfed me into a tight hold. "Don't cry baby. I'm being selfish. Tom needs you, your whole family needs you. You go and I'll be with you as soon as I can, I promise." 

"I love you." I whispered as I kissed her goodbye. 

"I love you too. I'll call and text you as much as I can." Leigh smiled reassuringly.