•Past Memories•

It smelled like medicine

The old lights beams were half and half trying to beam as much light as they can

The room was empty, besides the nice old gentleman in front of me who i guess didn't want to be alone either, which I could understand. He didn't talk much besides when I asked him "Who are you waiting for". He didn't say much,  all he said was a few sentences. "My wife of 60 years, we get married quick. We married young because I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. She had a heart attack so I'm not sure she will live but kid know something, you never know what's going to happen before it happens." After the old man left I felt a pain in my heart because I couldn't do anything, I couldn't help him.

It's been an hour since the old man left and I was starting to feel lonely but I guess I've gotten used to that feeling. The doctors called me in, they were both male doctors and they were nice people but I knew there news wasn't good. I walked in the room, the room I would last see her in. The room was especially quiet, more quiet then all the times I have been in here. The doctors left and it was only me and her. I could see the dark purple marks, the loss patches of hair all over her skin and I could see the lifeless, so pale white on her face. And- and I saw it..... I saw the bruises on her face and her neck.

The amount of rage I had inside of me and the amount of pain, Sadness and so much anger, I have towards him. But then I looked at my mom, and saw her beautiful blue eyes, it was like looking into an ocean so deep I don't want to come up for air. As I pull my hand over to grab, I hear it

The loud beeping

The doctors were rushing inside

I felt so helpless

I felt so—

Lifeless