Chapter 4: Max Mills

I wandered up stairs trying to remember Harvey's directions for the bathroom. It was silent so I guessed Max was done in the shower and it was safe. I looked left and right, all the doors had labels except two. One was Tilly's, another labelled Leo and another reading Max and Harvey's room. So I had the choice out of choosing either the parent's bedroom or the bathroom. I breathed in deeply and went for the door on my right. I pressed the handle down and pushed the door in.

My face got a whoosh of hot, steamy air. I opened my eyes and guessed I had found the bathroom. Unfortunately the bathroom was in use. Max looked over at me and raised his eyebrows. "You need anything?" He asked.

My words got twisted as I tried to think my way out if the situation. Max was standing by the shower with shorts on but no top and his hair was dark from the water and swept over his forehead. "Toilet." I murmured.

He nodded. "Be my guest." He said grabbing his top and towel and swiftly getting past me.

I slowly closed the door and locked it hoping that wasn't as awkward as I felt it to be.

Once I'd finished I was about to take a step down the stairs when I heard Max's voice call out to me. "Don't bother he's fallen asleep." He said peeping out if the door leading to his room.

"Oh."

"You can come in here if you want, I'm just as interesting as Harv if not more." He smirked.

I smiled back and slowly made my way over to him and came in the door. It was honestly so cute they had a bunk bed and a desk of drawers, shelves and a cupboard. One shelf was dedicated especially to hair products. I went over to it and picked up a pot of some hair glostener or something and turned it over in my hands, smiling.

Max came up behind me and breathed a laugh right in my ear. "You think it does anything?" He asked bowing his head for me to check.

I looked and examined his now dry, chocolate brown hair. "You can touch it if you want." He said without looking up.

Listening I brought my hand up to his hair and ran my fingers through it. It tickled and felt soft and luxurious against my skin. "Yeah, you're doing something right."

Max lifted his head but my hand didn't react fast enough and froze when it touched his cheek. He looked at my hand and smiled. Slowly I removed my hand and took the slightest step back. I could smell his strong scent of shampoo and honey body wash. Then I caught a glimpse of something behind him and bent my head. I and to clasp a hand over my mouth to stop myself from laughing.

"Oh my days!" I exclaimed moving past him.

He groaned as I went over to beside his bunk bed where on the wall was another canvas but with a picture of their whole family years ago. His mum Sara Mills was smiling the way Harvey does with her lovely brown hair and Leo next to her with a cheeky smile. Paul Mills was hugging his wife and smiling and on him was Harvey and his adorable smile and light brown hair and then there was Max in the middle with a huge grin and his curly brown waves holding Tilly as a baby with his eyes.

"Awww. " I gushed.

Max raises his eyebrows. "Yeah, there's the guy who didn't realise how bad his hair looked until he cut it." He smirked. (Real quote by Max Mills on a Live.ly!)

"Nah, it was cute." I smiled.

"Was?" He asked.

I turned back to him and shook my head. "You care too much about your hair dude." I laughed.

He sniggered, "my hair is the closest thing I have to a girlfriend."

"You steal that from Harvey?"

"Of course." He shrugged, stepping closer to me.

I stepped closer to him, closing majority of the gap between us and looked up into his eyes. "I better go now." I whispered. I lifted my hand and kissed my two fingers before pressing them on Max's cheek. "Pass them on to Harvey." I teased. "He's hot."

Max laughed as I turned around and left the Mills' house.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Because I am such a nice person I decided that I would after very chapter or so I will embed various pictures or gifs or videos if Max and Harvey for your enjoyment so please, enjoy!
And thanks.
~ME