Chapter 5

Wait, is she out of her mind? Danial was frustrated, his mind racing. Marriage was not something he had considered, at least not yet.

"I know you can't," Samara said, rolling her eyes.

"Samara, just think about it. You're only 16 and it's your final year of secondary school. You need to concentrate on your GCSEs rather than getting married," Danial tried to explain.

"I'm concentrating on my studies. You don't have to worry about that," she insisted.

"Really? You know you're going to end up failing all of them," he said, exasperated.

What is wrong with this human? Danial remembered his own GCSEs, a time when he couldn't think about anything but studying day and night.

"I'm definitely not going to fail," she said confidently.

"Baby, confidence is good, but overconfidence is not," Danial said, holding her hand and kissing it.

"So you won't marry me because you're 12 years older than me and I'm a schoolgirl, is that it?" she asked, looking directly into his eyes.

"Alright, let's make a deal, Ms. 16. If you get A*s in all the subjects you've picked, then I'll marry you without a second thought," Danial said, thinking it was impossible. She wasn't that sharp.

Her face went pale, the confidence drained from her eyes.

I'm sorry, sweetheart, but getting married at 16 is nothing but ruining your own life.

"Alright, let's see what happens," she said in a cracked voice. She quickly pecked his cheek and left.

Now you must be wondering why I'm dating a schoolgirl? It's because love makes people blind. When I first saw her, everything around me stopped. I loved the way she smiled at her phone. Foolishly, I asked her to be my girlfriend on the spot, and she accepted immediately. It all happened without us knowing each other well. I know it doesn't sound genuine, but that's what happened.

It's been three years, and our bond is strong. I don't think it's fake. But I don't know how this girl will pass her exams when all she does is text me.

Danial drove home, skipping dinner. He felt overwhelmed by everything that had happened. Ever heard of a 'ruined Sunday'? That's what happened to mine. Yet, a few things went sweetly too.

He lay on his bed, staring at the ceiling, reviewing the day. It felt like he had gone through two different worlds. On one hand, there was Ayesha, whose mere presence was a miracle, taking all his tensions away and being truly motivational. On the other hand, there was Samara, who kept bossing him around, lacking patience. Where did she get the marriage idea?

Come on! I don't want to be all committed this quickly. Danial turned off his lamp and closed his eyes, seeking a few peaceful hours of sleep.

Two months later

"Come on! Do it nicely, it's my daughter's wedding," Danial's mum instructed the man carrying a basket of flowers.

"Hey, young man, where are you going?" his mum asked as he rushed out.

"Mum, it's important. I'll be back," Danial said hesitantly and left.

Samara had begged him to come last night. Today was her results day and also her college enrolment day. Cardiff and Vale College is one of the most famous and strict colleges in Wales. He felt sorry for her; she couldn't be late for enrolment. How did she confidently apply and secure a place, knowing her results might not meet the requirements?

"Babe, I'm here," Danial said, dialling her number. She appeared within a minute, wearing a casual outfit. He could see the tension on her face.

"Hi," she said, digging into her backpack.