1. Mom and Dad

I stare distastefully at my breakfast of eggs and sausage. Mom feeds Sebastian, my little brother. "Who's a handsome boy?" She asks him, giving him a bite of yogurt. I roll my eyes. It's just Mom, Sebastian and I today. It's Saturday but Dad has work.

Maybe you've heard of him. Lin-Manuel Miranda. My father. Biologically, if I may add. His wife, Vanessa Nadal. Yeah, she's my mom. They had me when she was 18 and he was 20. I'm 14 now. Almost 15. But no one knows who my parents are. Other than the Hamilton and In The Heights casts, Dad's family and Mom's family. Oh and my best friend Madison.

"Claudia, eat your breakfast. I'm taking you and Seb with me when I get my hair cut." Mom says. I eat the now cold food and groan. Sebastian grabs at me, looking into my eyes, frowning. "Claudia, eat." Mom says.

I finish eating my breakfast and go to get dressed. I throw on a tee shirt and ripped jeans and a pair of floral shoes. I put a small braid in my hair and walk out of my room and go to the living room. Sebastian grabs at me. "Claudia, get your brother." Mom says. I pick up Seb and put him on my hip.

~~~

I sit with Sebastian, watching Mom get her long hair trimmed. My brother squeals, pointing at Mom. "Use words please bubba." Mom says.

"Mama pretty!" Sebastian says.

"Thank you baby." Mom says, shooting us a thumbs up. "And thank you, Claudia, for  watching your brother. It's really helpful baby girl."

"Whatever, Mom."

"Watch your attitude right now." Mom says to me and I frown and tears begin to pool in my eyes.

"Baby girl, we're talking about this later."

"No, we aren't." I say, letting one or two tears fall down my cheeks.

~~~

Mom takes Seb and I to the theater. Dad scoops up Sebby first, then turns to me. "Hola princesa. How was your day?" He asks. I shrug. "Madison is coming over tonight correct?" He asks.

"Yeah. She is." I say.

Madison is my best friend and the only one who knows who my parents are. "You two are watching tonight correct?"

"Yeah, Dad. We are." I sassily remark.

"Lin, she's been like this all fricken day. I am not putting up with much more of it." Mom says. "Madison will be here any moment. And I have to get Sebby home."

"Alright baby. I love you. Have a good night." Mom and Dad kiss and Sebby claps.

~~~

When Madison gets to the theater, we go take our seats. I smile at the stage. Leslie walks out. "How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a Scotsman dropped in the middle of a forgotten spot in the Caribbean..."

~~~

"Pardon me, are you Aaron Burr sir?" Dad asks.

~~~

"I am not throwing away my shot. I am just like my country, I'm young, scrappy and hungry and I'm not throwing away my shot."

~~~

"Raise a glass to freedom. Something they can never take away. No matter what they tell you."

~~~

"Oh I can't wait to see you again. It's only a matter of time."

Everyone stood up, cheering. I smile. "That's my father!" Someone shouted. "Lin is my father!" I rolled my eyes and Madison laughed.

~~~

Dad drives Madison and I home and when we get out of the car, we rush inside. "Oh my lord!" I say when Tobillo jumps up on me. "No. Tobillo, no. Down." The dog whines.

"Don't worry, Tobi. Claudia loves you." Dad says. Madison and I go into my room.

"So, Mads, what are we going to do tonight? I vote we read fanfics and see which we like more."

"I vote we have a contest to see who can write a better fanfic."

"You're on." I say, feeling overly confident with my father being who he is.

~~~

"Dad! Can you come be a judge to see whose fanfic is better?" I ask. Dad comes in.

"What are the fanfics about?" Dad asks, sitting on the bed, looking excitedly at me.

"They're about the Hamilton cast." Madison says.

"Okay. Mads, you first."

"Lin and Pippa ran lines. The young Asian woman was so talented and Lin found himself falling for her. But he was in a wonderful relationship. He had his 14 year old daughter and one year old son. Lin loved his wife and his kids. But he was falling fire his stage wife. Pippa also felt herself falling for the talented Puerto Rican man. But Pippa was in a beautiful relationship. She was happy." Mads stops reading. "That's all I got."

"Well, that was pretty damn good. Claudia?"

I begin to read mine. "Jonathan Groff and Lin-Manuel Miranda walked down the street hallway in the courthouse. They were adopting their daughter. They'd attempted to adopt a teenage girl before, but lost her due to suicide. Lin took a deep breath. He couldn't lose this girl. His daughter. 'You ready Clara?' He asked her. Clara nodded, happy. She couldn't wait to be adopted. Adopted by her dads. Jonathan Groff and Lin-Manuel Miranda were her dads. And what their professions were. She didn't care about their fame. She only cared about who they were inside. Who they were at home. Her dads. That's what they were. Nothing more, nothing less. Just her dads." I look at Dad. "So, who won?"

"I think we can all agree that Claudia won." Mads says. Dad laughs.

"I guess you did."

***Author's Note***

So, this came around thanks to Claudia. I'm not sure what her account is but when I figure that out, I will tag her.

Be fearless.

Xoxoxo,
Ryeli