Chapter 4 (Red's POV)

Chapter 4...

It's been days since Green left Kanto. I missed him so much. He never called or wrote me a letter just yet. I'm really worried about him. I looked out to see it was raining. I decided to go out. I put on my hood.

I walked to the burned Viridian City. It has been abandoned since the fire. The people that lived in Viridian is now gone for that they left to go live in different cities. From what I heard, the gym was also burned as well. I sighed and looked down. Many different events were happening so quickly and these events to me are really horrific. First event was that Viridian City is burned down, then people declared war on Team Rocket, and now...

Green is gone because he left to go fight in the war. I felt tears burn in my eyes. I felt so hopeless that Green would return. Even if Green would return, he would be dead or injured. I felt more tears in my eyes. I attempted to wipe them off but the tears would always come back to my eyes. I felt my heart sink. I was feeling nothing but hopeless and sadness.

I was scared of what's gonna happen to Gree. I finally began to cry. I wanted Green to come back safe and sound. I walked around to see a route where no one was there. It was a private route. I then walked to the route. I felt even more tears than rain. I finally began to cry out. This was all too much. I couldn't cope with the sight of Green leaving Kanto and getting on that helicopter. I should have gone with him so I can still be together with him. I still love him where he was.

I looked at the sky as I cried out. I felt lots and lots of my tears of suffering fall down my cheeks. I wanted Green back. I wanted Green to be safe and sound. If Green is gonna fight in that war, I wanted him to be prepared for the battles he will go through in this hell war. My vision was blurry because of my tears. I wanted to call a helicopter or summon my Charizard to fly over to where Green is and take Green back and bring him back to Kanto back with me.

But I knew I couldn't do that. People there will find me a threat most likely. I felt waves of sadness course through me. Like I said, this was all too much for me to take in. I sat near a rock. I still felt tears come down even more. I finally began to cry again. I buried my face with me hands as I cried. If only Green never left, I would not feel this type of sadness. I cried for a very long time.

2 hours later...

I woke up to see the rain had stopped and that it was sunny. I saw a rainbow over the sky. I sighed. Then I realized something, I cried for hours and I also cried myself to sleep. I felt like my mother was gonna worry about where I am or where I was. I got up to see my hat was wet and messed up. I removed it from my head. I then ran home. Only to see my mother filled with concerned because she was looking at me. She was waiting for an explanation.

I sighed. Then I explained what happened. I told her that I missed Green and that I cried for hours. She then hugged me. She was always filled with warmth and she always hugged me. I remember the hug she did before I left on my adventure. "Don't worry, I'm sure he will return safe and sound." She said to me. I nodded. She could be right. Maybe that I was over concerned for Green. I sighed. I guess I have to wait for Green to come back...

Safe and Sound...