Prologue

The sunshine filtered in, setting the room to be an all but comfortable shade of white. The curtains were bland, and set with a sort of uncomfortable angle. The bed was empty, it was as if life itself had vacated this room- it was all dead except for the mice running about and playing. Everything was silent, all but the small crack in the closet door of course. It allowed the light to properly filter in, enough so there was a bearable amount but not too much to flood the entirety of the small box. The light was too much for him, and it would not been another several years before he truly understood what the sunlight is to him. 
But for now he found his happiness with curling himself in a small satin dress, his stomach was rumbling and there was a heavy yet comforting smell of perfume. Not the cheap kind, either. Each bottle was paid for with cold hard cash, hard earned from what his mommy said. It was something that was never thought about because mommy never lied. 
That is why he sat with such a patience, because her promise alone was enough for him and she looked deep into his beautiful chestnut eyes and promised him that she would be back for breakfast. She had to get it, first- and he was looking forward to it, seeing how he didn't appreciate the low growl of the vicious hunger monster inside of his body. It welled the pain and screamed at him for relief but none would come, not until his mother did. Until then, he stayed sitting carefully in the closet, wrapped up in one of his mother's satin garments; safe and serene is what he believed himself to be in this little place.

In the place without light, or sound. The place with mommy's dresses.