1

Cameron

Standing on the bridge, looking out into the water. I felt peace. A moment to get away from the thought and the case. I loved my job but sometimes it takes a lot out of me just to not punch people and kill them.

A set of footsteps caught my attention. Turning slightly I saw the one person who I can tell anything to. The one person I trust with my life and my job, who I know will find me if anything were to happen.

That person being Kevin Atwater. A long time friend.

"Hey Kev" he smiled at me, wrapping his around my shoulder

"What up shortie." Shaking my head slightly I leaned into his chest. Only he knew something was up. "What's the matter Cam. You can tell me anything"

Looking at him, concern was written in his eyes. He wants to make sure I am safe. He wasn't very happy with the job description but if anything turned haywire Kevin was always the first person I called.

"I thinks he's back Kev. I caught wind from one of the cases. They have a buyer and they just so happens to have the same name as him. You know I can't see him again. Especially after what I did to him..."

Kevin pulled me into his chest, protecting me from the outside world. From him, my ex was cruel, heartless. Top of the criminal chain. Kevin got me out, helped me move on. Back then we were in high school. Now it's a lot more dangerous and my ex only got more deadly and has a lot more resources then before.

"He will not get to you Cameron. "

"Kevin you know that isn't true. He will always find away around it. "

"I will make sure if it. You will not be taken away from me that easy Cam. You are the most important person in my life. If he as so much touches you once, he will be a dead man. No one is allowed to hurt you, over my dead body"

A few tears rolled down my checks as I just looked into his loving eyes. I could only nod. Kevin is the only one who can make me speechless. Weak to the knees.

"You have to go back to intelligence" I asked and he shook his head, putting his arm in my mine. Making sure I was in his protective range.

"Nah. Voight let me leave to come see you. He knows how rough it is when you are about to go back under."

My case. This one was going to be a rough for one, one that I don't like going under for. I can handle most but this one has a chance of me being a real victim. I have to find a serial rapist,

Only Kevin doesn't know about this one. If he did he would freak. I don't blame him.

So there Kevin and I were. Walking down the streets of Chicago. Two best friends enjoying the world together before our lives get hectic once again, our lives pushed into my danger.

Every now and then. We would make eye contact, only for us to quickly look away. So we couldn't see the slight blushes that arose.

"Can we watch Netflix Kev" and he only nodded

"What kind of friend would I be if I denied my best friend Netflix. Besides you would have snuck into the house later to watch Netflix"

"You right Kev. You right"

Cast

Cameron Ethington^^

Cameron Ethington^^

Kevin Atwater^^