Chapter 1 Banding Together

It started crawling toward me, moaning. I stepped back and started crying.

This is my mother after the zombie bit her she saved me...

I bumped into the wall behind me and started balling.

I would have to kill her.

I looked down at the gun in my hand. She told me to shoot her before this happened, I wish I had done it.

I pointed the gun at her head and squeezed the trigger, but the gun didn't go off. I looked down at the gun, then to mom who was getting fairly close. I put it off safety then pointed at her head and closed my eyes. I squeezed the trigger and the gun popped back as it shot.

I opened my eyes and saw a bullet hole right threw my moms head.

I fell to my knees as I felt warm tears fall down my cheeks.

"I love you Mom," I said quivering. I crawled over to her side and pulled the knife and knife holster off her. I wrapped it around my leg. I pulled my hair up in a ponytail.

I got up and walked into my room, I pulled off my dress. I put on shorts and a tank top. I grabbed my best running shoes and some socks.

I put on my socks then the shoes. I looked on the bed where I had left the gun. I single tear came from my eye, I wiped it away with my hand.

I walked over to the side of my bed and touched the handle of the gun. It was rough grip so you have a good grip on the gun when you fire it.

I looked out my window; there are more than 5 outside in my front lawn waiting for me to come out...

I squeezed my lips shut and felt a sob coming. I closed my eyes and pushed away the tears.

I heard a moan in the distance. I spun around and saw a zombie standing there stumbling toward me. I pulled the knife out the holster and walked up to the zombie. I stabbed it in the head and pulled the knife out. It fell the ground and blood spilled out of the hole where I had stabbed it.

I can do this I can survive. Just watch me...

27 days later....

I haven't seen a human alive for about a week now. The last time he had died... for me!

We were running and he led the zombies away from me.

So now I'm all alone, searching for something... anything.

I heard my footsteps echo through the hallways. I pulled out my knife, ready to stab anything in my way.

I slowly made my way to the kitchen searching for a movement where a zombie might be.

I opened the door to the kitchen and in the kitchen was a dead person on the ground.

I put my knife back in the holster and walked over to the body. It didn't move even when I kicked it so I assume its dead. I walked over to the cabinets and took what was left.

Not much, just some cans of beans and some water bottles. I cleared the rest of the house there wasn't any zombies in it, weird... But I got some clothes that would fit me luckily.

I walked to my car and hopped in putting the food and clothes in the back seat. I drove off to the next house.

This one was bigger, hopefully has more food. I looked up at one of the windows and the curtains flutters as if someone was looking out them. I pulled out my gun, if something was in there I am ready to kill it. I cleared most of the house only killed three zombies. All that was left was one room, the room I saw the flickering of the curtains with.