Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Quote

"Wake up with positive intentions, to better yourself and the lives around you."

-Anonymous

❀❀❀

Songs

Morning- Tee Shirt by Birdy

Ride to School- The Remedy(I Won't Worry) by Jason Mraz

Car Ride- Hate Bein' Sober(Doctom's Festival Trap Remix) by Chief Keef

Kam's POV

I wake up and it is Friday morning. I have school today. I majorly dread everyday of school. I am 16 now and a sophomore in high school. I go to that "hell hole" every morning at 7:30. Which means I have to wake up at 5:45 just to give myself enough time to get ready and be there in enough time.

I got up and walked down stairs to make some vanilla roast coffee. I went upstairs and took a nice and relaxing shower. I was singing in the shower when I heard Kyle yelling outside of my bathroom door.

"Shut up, you sound like a dying cat!" he yells. I laugh. He always messes around with me. Lately, we have been getting closer because our parents had been drifting apart. Which is a good thing and a bad thing.

I finish my shower and get dressed into some high-rise shorts and a white tee. I want to keep my outfit simple because I am going to change for the student section tonight at the football game. The theme is breakfast club, and I am super excited.

I quickly apply some light make-up and put my hair in a French braid. I go down stairs and fix my cup of coffee. Some cream, some sweetener, and a bit of whip cream and it's complete. I take a sip and my senses are satisfied. I grab my bag and phone and I go to my brother's car.

"You ready?" Kyle asks me. I put on my sunglasses and nod, regretfully. I'm never ready for school. I hate it so much.

I look out the window at my dad's house. My parents aren't divorced yet but they already moved out of each other's house. My mom kept the one next to the Grier's and my dad got a new one.

It takes thirty minutes to get to school from my dad's. Let me tell you, it isn't fun when your 18 year-old brother drives you. He is a good driver, but he is so fast and it makes me anxious.

We pulled up to the school and I hop out, receiving whistles from some nasty seniors. My brother parks in the student parking lot which is swarming with these nasty seniors. I shake my head and see my brother give them a "you-better-keep-your-eyes-and-hands-off-or-I-will-kick-your-ass" look to the group of guys. I laugh under my breath and head to my locker.

I get to my locker and open it. I take a deep breath and grab my science book and laptop. I have 10 minutes until class starts because my brother got here early. I decide to go see Hayes.

"Hey," I say as I approach Hayes. He turns around and smiles. He is wearing a Davidson Day football jersey with cargo shorts.

"You look beautiful today," he says. Hayes smiles at me and my heart melts. He still makes me get butterflies.

"Thanks," I say. "So the game tonight?"

"Yeah, I'm excited. You are coming right?"

"Wouldn't miss it!"

"Good, we should hang out afterward," suggests Hayes. I feel a weight on my shoulders.

"Oh, I wish I could but I am going to Emma's house tonight after the game. We are going to watch 23 Jump Street," I say. Emma is my senior friend. We always hang out now. We met last year.