Chapter Forty-Four

Elena

"This is exactly what I needed after eating all that desert," I rubbed my stomach as Angelo and I walked hand in hand down Malibu beach, "we should walk the whole thing so I can burn off the calories from those nouveaux smores."

"Yeah, you did kind of kill 'em," he chuckled, "I wasn't going to say anything, but you can eat girl."

"Shut-up," I nudged him, "It was really good and I kept wanting more after each bite."

"I'm not judging you. I like a woman that doesn't mind fulfilling her stomach's desires."

"Oh please," I looked up into the starry night sky as the breeze kept my hair from resting on my shoulders, "if I gain one too many roles on this waist I won't be the object of your affection."

"Nah, I'll still be crushing on you," he smirked, "like my bro said, I like my girls BBW too."

"BBW?"

"Big beautiful woman," he laughed "come on, you gotta get with the lingo."

"Sorry, I'm not hip to all this swag talk."

His laughter continued, "Did you just say hip?"

"Um..yeah?"

"Yeah, I'mma have to tighten you up. No one says that anymore."

"Whatever," I stopped to fold my arms across my chest and pout, "stop laughing at me."

"It's okay," he closed the space between us, wrapping his arms around me and kissing my cheek continuously, "I like that about you. It makes you different."

He slowly licked his lips as the breeze filled my nose with the scent of his cologne.

"Well, I like being different."

"As you should. Being with the same type of woman gets old after a while. Dating someone like you is-"

"Dating? It sounds like someone is jumping the gun a little bit."

"So you wouldn't call this a date?"

"Yeah but-"

He lifted my chin with his index finger, "but what?"

I lost my train of thought as the eyes of this beautiful Sicilian-Canadian man gazed into mine.

"I'm not asking you to jump off a mountain with me. I don't know much about your past but I know your last man fucked up big time by letting you get away. You have all of my interest and I want to take the time to get to know you. Would you like that?"

I couldn't deny his sincerely sweet gesture, especially when the level of interest was mutual, "yeah I would."

"Good," he leaned down and softly pressed his lips against mine.

I didn't hesitate to deepen the kiss. He followed my lead before regaining control. His hands found my hips and lifted me up. I wrapped my legs around him and caressed his nape with my hands.

I felt him take a few steps forward, not too sure of where we were going. I didn't care. I just didn't want the kiss to end. I guess this makes in official. I'm back in the dating world, but with only one guy, Angelo Ferraro.

Aubrey

Gelo did a good job of keeping me busy for the rest of the day until he left for his date. Chubbs, Niko, Ryan and OB picked up right where he left off; not leaving me much time to sit around and drown my thoughts of Mila with a combo of Hennessey and Kush. We ran several games on the basketball court, played a few rounds of table tennis and fired up the grill. Kicking back and enjoying some pre-season NFL games with my boys with burgers, chicken wings an ice cold Heineken and good laughs took my mind away from all of what had me down earlier in the day. I'm not even sure if all of them knew exactly what I was going through. I mean, they knew that Mila and I were off right now but I kept the miscarriage to myself for the most part besides telling August. Chubbs knew due to the fact that he was there but I swore him to secrecy for her privacy. 40 didn't question me when I recorded those lyrics the other night, but knowing him I know that he really listened to my words and could piece together eventually.