Silver Strings

Dear Ghosts,

Its like classical music, calibrating a gun to a target. Beautiful and relaxing, executed with such finesse and intricacy. My target is blocked by another, brunette head, belonging to the man he's conversing with, Pichit theorised it'd be some kind of weapons deal, but that's okay, as soon has he moves its a clean shot square in the forehead. Elegant. So here I wait, in an empty Camden flat, surrounded by airborne dust and the smell of confinement, fully kitted and sitting on the board at the end of the bed to perch my sniper rifle on the windowsill. Disappointed.

Yet again Unity is faced with an ex military. It's always the same drill, they return from the war but for them it hasn't ended. This country is too incompetent to help them so they bring the war here, they bring the terror here. They can't live in a world without the sound of guns firing, they cant live in a world devoid of immediate danger. So they create it.

The target and the man appear to shake hands and as soon as the brunette steps out of the line of fire I begin to tighten the curl of my finger.

A presence. An intruder.

The gun fires out the window in time with me pulling a dagger from my belt and throwing it at the shape in the room. It dodges. Shit.

"You didn't say goodbye this morning" he steps into the windows light.

White hood. Metal and glass armour, two silenced silver guns in his belt. Tall and brilliant.

My fucking asshole of a husband.

Hey! I'm just here promoting the Black Knight sequel, Silver Strings bc you know, I need all the love I can get. So if you want to know what happens next be sure to head over to my profile :) xx

(I'm also thinking to do a room mate AU... (???))