Emma

Once she left, emotions fled over me. I couldn't describe what I was feeling. I felt overwhelmed, angry, upset, scared. I didn't know why. Kenzie and I were okay with staying quiet about us for now. I understood why we couldn't tell people about us, but it still kind of hurt that we had to stay so quiet. I knew I should have been studying now that I had no distractions, but I just wanted to lay down and think of absolutely nothing. I laid down and no less than five minutes later my parents come into my room. "Em?" My dad's voice never sounded so calm and comforting. "We gotta talk" I sat up on my elbows, confused as to why they were still there. "Shouldn't you be gone by now? You're going to miss the show." My mom came over and sat on the end of my bed and gently placed her hand on my leg. "Emma... We know about Kenzie." I was in such shock, tears started flowing down my face. "Mom-" She cut me off. "It's going to be okay sweetie." My dad also came over and sat with me. "They're going to do everything they can, she'll be okay." At this point I was really confused. "We know how close you two are, and that's why you've been spending so much time together lately." I had no idea what they were talking about . At first I thought they were talking about me being bisexual. "What are you talk about? I swear to you I have no clue." They must have sensed the sense of worry in my voice. "Em... She's got cancer." The words rang through my ears.

"Cancer"
My Girlfriend Has Cancer.

They kept replaying over and over and over again. I had so many questions, so many emotions, so many thoughts. My mind immediately went to thousands of different places.

What if she dies?

My mom continued to talk, but I couldn't hear her. I couldn't hear anything. It was almost like watching a cartoon where the adults don't talk, they just make those "womp womp womp womp" noises. I knew she was saying something, I just couldn't understand what she was saying. No matter how hard I focused on what she was saying I couldn't make out a single word. I couldn't understand understand a single thing that was going on. "Go." I sat down, calmly and pointed towards the door. "Just. Go" They kind of looked back at each other, slightly confused. "Get out! Just get out of my freaking room!" Without a word, they got up and walked out. I laid down and felt the warm sensation of tears rolling down my cheeks. I didn't understand anything and I didn't want to understand anything. I laid there for who knows how long, with the same four words running through my head.

My girlfriend has cancer.