3

"Right class and remember those context facts about Macbeth, I'll see you tomorrow." The teacher says and me and Ruby desperately clamour for our bags. No one told me it was two hours of Shakespeare, I need some stress relief, so I'm most definitely glad it's break time now.

"So that's Mr Hutchison, bore and all," George laughed, putting an arm around my shoulder. "Am I right?"

"You're right!" I giggled as we both tried to squeeze through the door and got stuck along the way. "I think we need to take this one by one." I walked behind him and we got through.

"You know you're pretty decent," he started giggling again, "for a new girl I mean."

"For a new girl," I repeated, grabbing my chest in an attempt to mock being offended.

"George don't lie to her," a familiar voice snarled, god is that all you do. "She's not decent." I spun around on my heel.

"Ew you freak," I spat out my words, "are you following me?"

"I'm sorry, Brooke, but I've never met you before so why would I want to follow you."

"I'm sorry, Brad, but I was trying to walk with my friends." I turned back around to them, "let's go."

I started walking.

And none of them moved.

"Hello, anybody there?" I shouted.

"Erm yeah," George swallowed back down the lump in his throat, "us and Brad's lot have got to talk, Ruby go with her." She nodded and walked towards me.

"Why can't I stay..."

"Just listen to him." Brad turned around, giving me a dirty look. No, that's my speciality.

"Nah ah hunny if I think I'm..."

"Please, we'll meet you in the canteen." Blake pleaded with me this time, I closed my eyes and nodded. Ruby put a arm around my shoulders. We walked away, I didn't want to, I hesitated but I still did it.

"Come on sit down." Ruby said pointing out a seat at the start of the canteen that wasn't taken up by loads of people.

"What do they need to talk about?" I asked.

"You're new here so you wouldn't know, I'll leave it for the boys to tell you about because you're the only normal friend they've had."

Brad's PoV

"So someone tell me which groups stupid idea it was to adopt both siblings on different sides!" I yell, looking at the six boys in front of me.

"We didn't know you recruited her brother." George groaned, "we just met her at the bus stop and she's not even in... well this business."

"Yeah honestly, she was nice..."

"I'm sorry Blake but when have you ever taken anyone in because they was nice," I looked at my group then looked back at them, "what are you going to do with her?" I asked.

"Yeah that's what I was thinking." James said standing up, "She doesn't come across as violent."

"We're not using her for anything." Reece rolled his eyes, "apart from Georgie Porgie Worgies girlfriend." He slapped George's shoulder and George groaned and playfully slapped him.

"My girlfriend, I just met her!" He covered his face.

"Does she even know?" Connor asked from behind me.

"Know about what?" Blake said, standing up.

"About what we do." Me and Connor said at the same time.

"No, she's the only friend we have that isn't involved in this." Blake returned, picking up his bagpack.

"Well you're going to have to tell her now her brothers involved." I said, taking his bag of him, "You're not leaving yet." He rolled his eyes and sat down. "Your new friend has acquired some hate for me." I scowled.

"What's that got to do with us?" Reece looked up, obviously scared.

"It's going to cause problems if she becomes involved in this business." I tauntingly smiled.

"This school is the peace barrier, you can't threaten us here." George got up his fists in a ball.

"Who said I couldn't, none of your little group is here apart from you three." I got up in George's face.

"They have a point," Tristan calmly commented, grabbing my shoulders and bringing me back so I couldn't hurt George, "a war would break out if we hurt either one of them."

"You hurt her." Reece stood up and went next to George, "that's why she doesn't like you, we've seen her arm."

"How do you know it was me?" I asked.

"Well she had bruises all up her god damn arm when she took of her blazer and I heard her telling Ruby what had happened between you two in the hall so I knew it was you."

"Yeah, maybe you should apologise," George shrugged, he looked majorly annoyed.

"Okay I will, where is she?" I groaned, I never apologise, Brooklyn is lucky she's new. Otherwise, her arm would be more than badly bruised, it wouldn't be from me though. It would be from some other girl.

"Canteen with Rubes..." Reece closed his eyes, "Ruby I mean." It visibly pained him to call her that, especially after what happened with us three.

"Okay," I started walking only to hear someone following me, so I turned around.

"We're coming with you so we know you did it." Blake said, as he kept walking, leading me towards the canteen. "Brooklyn," he smiled as he stepped inside down the crowded canteen, "Brad has something to say to you."

She looked up at me, "what?" was her response.

"I'm sorry," I apologised, "did I actually hurt you?"

"Yeah." She took of her blazer and put her arm in front of me, "it's fine though I've had worse." She turned back around to Ruby and the rest of the boys who had came into the room whilst we're talking.

"Are you going to let me know whether you accept my apology?" I stubbornly asked, sitting down with them. She looked back at me.

"I'm not sure," she smiled, "make me accept it." She's flirting with me, I can tell. I'm not saying that because I know that everyone tries to flirt with me but, she's batting her eyelashes and has a massive smile on her face.

"I'm having a party at mine on Friday, you're all invited." I concluded, surely she'll accept my apology now?

"Okay I'll come." She smiled, Ruby's eyes went wide.

"What are you doing?" She whispered. But Ruby didn't reply.

"Put your number in my phone and text me the details." She got out an iPhone in a marbled case.

"Okay." I replied, gratefully accepting her phone and putting my number in. "Thank you!" I said as I stood up. She smiled at me, wow she looked beautiful.

Geez.

Slow down Bradley William Simpson, you've only just met her.

"Thank you, I will see you on Friday." I heard her say after me.