5

The car ride to the mall did not take as long as Y/N had expected but the events that had happened earlier that morning sure had taken a lot out of her. She felt as though a big weight had been taken out of her body as she felt so light and airy that she didn't know what emotion to call it. Jin said it was relief and she thought so too, but she also felt a sense of happiness that filled her entire body from her head to the ends of her toes.

"Y/N, do you wanna get shoes first or clothes?" Jin asks, pulling into a parking spot.

"Ah, whatever we're closest to." She says.

She didn't know why the feeling didn't go away like it usually did but she knew it was something that she should get used to. Jin had told her that now that she was free of the grief, she should be free of any concerns about herself, especially how she looked to others. She supposed that he was right, if she was dressed nice all the time then there was no reason to be embarrassed of self conscious all the time.

Thanks to the help of her room mate, Y/N was wearing joggers with a long sleeve crop top, something that Y/N had felt moderately comfortable in. She follows the other two boys into the large building, seeing and hearing many people around her as soon as they walk inside. The mall itself was about three stories tall and had over 150 shops contained within its walls, plenty of options for a girl looking for new everything.

"Alright, Y/N, there's a shoe store right over there. Take your pick, don't worry about the price. Whatever you want, you get." Jin gestures to a store across the catwalk.

"Whatever I want?" Y/N asks.

"Y/N, you haven't given yourself anything in a long time. Do me a favor and enjoy yourself, get anything you want." Taehyung encourages.

"Well...well I guess you're right." She says, turning in the direction of the store.

Jin watches with pride as she enjoys herself, picking out clothes and shoes, even getting jewelry for herself. He didn't want to brag but he was notorious for turning lives around in just a few short hours. He had even cured someone who was depressed and suicidal within a day. Now that same person was his best friend, sitting at home with the rest of his friends. As they wandered through the mall, he couldn't help but notice that Y/N was much more beautiful with a smile on her face.

Her story was tragic and sad, yes, but he had never seen someone so unwilling to change before. He used his knowledge in psychology to make her change her mind, to be willing to change her entire lifestyle in order to be happy once again. He wouldn't call it mind control, he was just very good at his job and knew what to do with a patient like her. From his observations, he could see that she really was cured of her past and from her emotions.

The guilt and pain was no longer there but he needed to be sure that she was going to recover properly, she needed someone to depend on. He looks at Taehyung who was helping her pick out foundation for her face. He was someone she could depend on but if this was the one person she could trust then she needed all the help she could get. He was grateful that Taehyung was her brother, he was a good influence on her, even if he dragged her everywhere before her transformation.

"Hey, Jin, are you sure you can pay for all of this?" Y/N's voice reaches his ears.

He turns to the cashier, reading $625 on the screen. Compared to the clothes and the shoes, the makeup and jewelry were more expensive than the latter.

"Yeah, no problem, Y/N. I did say to get whatever you want, didn't I?" Jin smiles, handing his card to the cashier.

"Well, yes, but I don't want you spending a lot of money just for me." Y/N says.