Chapter 2

'__'=thoughts
Italics=backstory/plot
Bold Underlined=Empathize
Bold Italics=Angry speaking/thoughts
Underlined=Character pov switch
"__"=speaking
*__*=Actions/sounds outside
[__]=My thoughts

Devil pov
My blood boiled as I watched the two morons corner her. I moved my feet forward a bit till I saw his eyes. He looked scared. His eyes her frantically looking around for a way out. His eyes finally landed on me and we made eye contact. His eyes yelled for help. I grit my teeth and stomped over to the three. I stopped behind the two idiots and was fuming with pure anger.
"Care to explain what's going on here boys."

"Your highness! We ah! We didn't mean anything!!" The cried as they trembled in fear. The male cornered smiled softly as his eyes held so much relief and thankfulness.

"You two better run. Before I start dealing out some punishment." I said and they bolted. I sighed and let my anger calm down to nothingness.
"I'm sorry if I scared you sir."

"No. It's quite alright. I understand that it had to be done. My name is Eclipse by the way."

"Nice to meet you Eclipse. I'm Devil! Umm... yes that's my name." I replied and they chuckled lightly. Their eyes were such a soft colour of blue it made my heart ache. I felt my face heat up slightly and I looked away in embarrassment.

"I assume the shop keep told you who I am sir?"

"Yes. I don't see what's so different about you tho."

"This village is full of humans. Humans have a bad habit of fearing anything they do not understand or don't know. Most times they will completely ignore it even if it does not mean any harm."

"Really? And I thought humans were strong..." I said and Eclipse chuckled.

"Yes. As much as I am alright with you knowing who I am, I don't find it very nice to do it behind my back. Slight invasion of privacy."

"Yes, very sorry."

"As I said it's alright. I'm not mad. Any living thing would ask the same thing."

"That is true." I replied and Eclipse seemed to have their voice just the slightest of bit of life in it. I smiled to myself. I never knew how sad people could be when they don't have any life in their voice.
"Eclipse, please allow me to make it up to you."

"No thank you. Our little conversation is enough, and besides, I'm not going to be in this town for much longer."

"Oh... when do you leave?"

"Right after I buy a couple more supplies, then I will be on my way."

"Oh... umm..."

"You want me stay, don't you?"

"K-kinda...?"

"Was that a question?"

"Maybe...?"

"Your confusing me sir."

"Devil."

"Hm? Oh okay. Well Devil, what would you like to do then?"

"Wait.... what?"

"Your the first person to talk to me normally. As much as everyone wants me gone, I couldn't just leave my friend." He said and my eyes lit up brightly, smiled, and quickly pulled him into a hug. He yelped but soon returned it.

"Can I get a coffee? It's been awhile."

"Of course. I'll be taking a tea tho." He said and we both walked off to a nearby coffee shop. We walked in and Eclipse went up to the counter. I sat down in a nearby table. I made sure to keep an eye on the conversation so nothing went wrong. Eclipse soon came to join me after looking over the cafe quickly to try and spot me. We sat and talked for a bit.

*Crash*

'What in the world was that!? In all my years as leader, no one has had any problem with anything and there's been zero accounts of robberies, or anything! Why now!? Why!!'
I thought as I stood up from my seat. I looked around and my eyes soon landed on Eclipse, or rather, where he was. It all happened so fast. One minute, we're enjoying a nice drink, the next, Eclipse is on the ground bleeding. My eyes widened at the scene in front of me. His eyes held shock and disbelief.

"Your highness!" Someone yelled and I turned to see most of the people looking at me.
"We know you didn't do it. You don't have to worry."

"Worry!? Worrying is the last thing I'm worried about!? The hell just happened!?"

"Sir please calm down."

"Calm down!? Why would I do that when someone I was having a pleasant conversation with is lying on the ground bleeding!!!"

"Your highness."

"What."

"Why do you care so much?"

"Excuse me?"

"Your highness please be reasonable. This monster deserves this. A slow and very painful death."

"He did not." I growled and my eyes started to glow. 'Why would anyone in their right mind, want to attack such a nice person? It boggles my mind.' I thought as I glanced at Eclipse but soon turned my attention back to the people around me.