Chapter 21 - Forced Coincidences

Narrator's POV

The girls didn't know this but the dj's platform was right next to the VIP area. Beca had heard them singing and laughing and chatting as she was setting up her equipment. She thought they seemed so much happier without her and was considering letting them be. She hadn't seen them crying over her and was considering changing her playlist. She then decided against it because she wanted to be 'selfish' and wanted them back.

Once she was finally set up she started playing some music. Starting with some of the birthday girl's original songs before playing some of her own mixes and general party songs. She loved this. It was like her first spring break at Barden when she was in charge of the booth. She was really devoted to the music and no other thoughts crept in. She watched from her perch as Bellas, new and old danced around and occasionally stopped for a drink or two, some even went back to their section. They looked so peaceful to her, she wanted those friends back so she could join them and so she made a decision to play a certain mix. It was almost exactly like the one she'd made the first time the Bellas became champions except with the original artists only she'd tweaked it a little so instead of her now ex's favourite movie track, it was her and Chloe's song.

Meanwhile, a very drunk Chloe was going around and dancing with majority of the people on the dance floor while continuing to drink. What she and the others didn't know was that Beca had arranged to pick up their tab for the night. Emily just thought the others were paying for her drinks while they thoughts it was part of the treatment. Because of this they were okay with having more drinks and Beca wouldn't get much of a profit from the night. Anyway, a very drunk Chloe had been fiddling with her thumb ring while waiting at the bar for yet another drink. It wouldn't of mattered typically but with our knowing that she'll run into Beca, it's a slightly different story. Throughout college she'd been used to having it on her left thumb since she'd been with Tom for most of it and subconsciously moved it from her right to her left. After trying to thank the bartender for her drink, she went to go sit down and enjoy it for a little bit. As soon as she'd sat down, Jess caught her attention and called her over to watch a video. Chloe did as she was told and watched it, it was a recording from earlier in the night. She recognised it from college and sang along, her mind not quite connecting where it was from. That was until she got to Titanium, that was when the realisation finally slapped her in the face.

After Beale stumbled over to the VIP bartender, she interrupted his formalities and just asked what was on her mind.
"Where's the dj booth?" Although it didn't quite sound like that. More like a child asking "where's the dirty boof" but he somehow understood her none the less and pointed her to it. VIP's were allowed access anyway to request songs. She tripped up the stairs, giggling a little and fell into the door when she got to the top. She knocked once and then heard,
"Come in" in a very sober voice, a voice that she missed none the less. She flung  the door open as it was lighter than she first thought and pointed at the figure that turned around following the bang.
"YOU!!!"

Beca's POV

I heard a drunken screech that tore me away from the turntables.  At first I thought it was just someone requesting a song so it didn't really draw my attention away from what I was doing. I turned around to see a very drunken ginger staring at me. I couldn't tell if she was mad or what, but she was coming towards me. To say I wasn't terrified would be a lie. She just came straight at me, grabbed me by my leather jacket and pushed me against the door which she'd somehow closed. I looked into her eyes and I wasn't sure what I saw. She was drunk, I knew that much. I could tell by her breath, she was currently right in front of my face. She was wearing heels and was already taller than me beforehand. I was looking right into her blue eyes not daring to move. I wasn't sure if you was gonna kiss me or slap me. She just waited there, until she leaned in and put her sticky lips on mine.