Chapter one: The fiery Warrior

A girl, about seventeen or eighteen, stood at the gates of a huge castle made of volcanic rock with lava pouring out the sides. Her short blonde hair swayed gently in the wind as the gates slowly opened for her to enter. 

"Good afternoon p-" she slapped the guard who said that
"Don't address me as" she cringed "that name... I told you jo is just fine" she sighed.
Looking up, she spotted her older brother(Scott) who just rolled his eyes at her and stuck his tounge out. She just rolled her eyes back and continued walking
"I should be going on these quests! I'm a real man and she is just a princess!" He muttered as she went closer to the rocky fire castle.
Then, she got closer to castle doors and started tieing her hair up into a short ponytail as she walked over to them.
She knocked on the door..

"Mother it's just jo!" Scott the fire prince snapped "She has come back, showing off...again!"
She heard a sigh from the castle coming from queen courtney: a former royal of the beautiful water kingdom ruled by her older sister Heather.
"Duncan dear, will you go open the door before scott locks her out!" The Queen asked him, sounding a little ticked off. She knew Scott would do it though, he hates his sister like he hates sharks....and that is alot.
Scott then heard her and folded his arms
"I can hear ya!" He shouted "I'm not deaf!"

Then, King duncan walked Infront of the doors. He decided to burn down the door, just so his daughter (the best knight in the kingdom) could make a good entrance. The princess had just come back from a 3 month quest to kill 5 dragons, which she did in 2 weeks and she spent the rest in the earth kingdom with the brave knight who helped her defeat the dragons: Brick Mcarthur.
After the door was burned, she walked in with her blood covered sword in hand. Behind her, her friend Eva pulled all of Princess Jo's heavy suitcases inside the castle.
"Thanks eva" she whispered "now go" she pushed her as she walked to her dad
"Wow, that was a really good idea for an entrance dad, nice work!" she smiled as her and duncan high fived. Turning around, they saw courtney walk down their staircase, not looking the slightest bit pleased. Duncan gulped and jo looked at her dad.
"She is going to ask you to talk with her, I just know it" she whispered in her fathers ear and he just nodded
"Duncan, a word" she glared at him sternly. Jo flinched as he just followed his wife, a little nervous but mostly prepared for what he knew she was going to say.

"First of all, WHY DID YOU BURN THE DOORS DOWN! I mean we can and we will get new ones but that was just pure STUPIDITY" she slapped him across the face
He rubbed his cheek and looked at her, you could tell it hurt him by his expression and the big red mark on his cheek
Courtney started pacing and glaring at duncan as he looked at her confused about what she was about to say next. He breathed in and out then asked her:
"Got another thing to say, princess courtney?"
Her face went red and she clenched her fists tightly. Even though she technically was, she hated being called princess and preferred to be addressed as queen. By the fire in her eyes, she was annoyed by whatever Duncan had done to upset her so much. She unclenched her fists and folded her arms.
"And second of all.. why do you let jo go on all these quests! She is a princess she should be wearing dresses, learning how to be sensible, polite and like a proper princess! And what do you let her do? You let her go on dangerous quests, let her cut her hair short, be called "jo" instead of her full name and let her use a sword which she uses her fire powers on to light the sword on fire to burn and stab people with!" Courtney screamed
Duncan frowned. He knew deep down that he didn't want to upset Courtney but he just wanted to give his daughter the life she wanted. He then stamped his foot on the ground,angered by her wanting their daughter to stop being the great warrior she was. He then spoke, raising his voice and towering over her as he did.

"Right, if she wants to be a knight she can be a knight! She is good at what she does and if you don't accept that then you should just leave"
Courtney looked down, thought for a second, the looked up at him. You could just see the anger burning in her eyes as she looked at him. Tears started rolling down her face, anger and sadness taking over her as she cried out
"M-maybe. . MAYBE I WILL! WHO NEEDS THIS OVERLY-CHAOTIC KINGDOM ANYWAY! IM MOVING BACK TO BE THE PRINCESS OF THE WATER KINGDOM AND YOU CANT STOP ME!" she screamed as loud as she could and stormed out of the castle,soon followed by guards carrying all her stuff. Duncan stood, fists clenched, eyes clouded with sadness and pain. A single tear rolled down his face, followed by many more until there was a small puddle of his burning tears on the castle floor. He looked behind him to see Scott crying. No matter what, Courtney had always been his favourite parent just like Jo's favourite is her dad, so Scott was the most affected.
"WHAT DID YOU DO!" He cried "Why didn't you just let her decide what Jo does! Jo is a PRINCESS not a knight!"
He looked down as Duncan glared at him, not happy with what he just said.
"Scott go to your bedroom.. NOW" he sighed and turned to Jo "Sometimes I can't tell who is older" he chuckled, tears still rolling down his face
Jo felt bad, but she was not giving up on her dreams no matter what. She didn't like life as a princess, it had never suited her bossy, brave and chaotic nature and all the girly dresses and tiaras made her want to throw up. She clenched her fists tightly and a single tear rolled down her cheeks but not followed by any other tears.
Duncan saw the anger and pain inside of her and tried to speak to her
"Don-" he was then interrupted by her
"I'm going to my room to sharpen my sword" she turned her back on him and went upstairs, fists still clenched.
"Life is going to be different now" he whispered to himself as he headed to the throne room with his head hung low...