Chapter 4 : Save Her, My Dear Child

"And this is how Wanda, your mother turned to the dark side, my child," Merlok said as Clay and the rest of the Knights, along with Jestro, looked at him as they gawked.

"Ruina is... your mom, Clay?!?" Jestro asked him.

"Yes, Jestro," Clay replied. "I was surprised too when I first discovered this."

"After I knew she bore a child, I went searching for him. And it was you, Clay. I felt pity for you because you lost your mother and I don't have memories regarding to your father. I kept and raised you as a guardian and uncle. And now, every time I see you fighting the forces of evil with your teammates, I felt proud, because I raised you well. But I feel sad at the same time, because you reminded me of your mother. Will she ever come back, as a good witch rather than an evil enchantress..."

"I think I'm gonna cry..." said Jestro.

"I feel bad for you, Clay," Aaron said as he comforted Clay.

"I'm fine, Aaron. Don't worry. And I hope that I will successfully bring her back to the good side."'

"Is that really possible, Merlok?" Axl asked the wise magician.

"Maybe, but success is quite low. According to my knowledge of Monstrox's evil magic, the spell he casted on her will slowly fade away as the years passed, but the process is slow. But since hundreds of years had passed, the evil magic in Ruina might've started to go off."

"Good. Thanks, Merlok. I know just what to do now." Clay lowered the drawbridge of the fortrex as he spoke. He went into his vehicle and drove off to search for his corrupted mother.

"Did Clay just, went off...without a plan?" Lance asked the rest of his friends.

"He rarely does that," Axl said as he took a bite off his chicken drumstick.

"Well, whatever he does, we must support him," Macy said. "He might as well already had a plan. He just doesn't wanna tell us about it."

"Macy's right," Merlok agreed. "Let's just hope that he'll succeed."

The Knights, Jestro, Merlok, Ava, and Robin watched as Clay slowly faded away from their vision...

"Save her, my dear child..." Merlok spoke as he watched.

********************************