What Happened if Harry never got an owl

Hedwig, the owl of Harry was very important for him. He used him to send a letter to Dumbledore when they went to the room on the third floor, he used him when he was with the Dursleys and he felt alone, it was a friend who was there for him when he needed one. But what if Harry got a cat instead of  Hedwig. Dumbledore was already on his way back when  they where in the room, he could talk to a cat too if he felt alone. He could still talk to Serius but then without letters. But Hedwig was important. In the Deathly Hallows he saved Harry by flying in front of the Killing curse that Voldemort cast when they escorted Harry. If Harry had a other animal, then it was one without wings (becouse of the rules at Hogwarts). So without Hedwig the spell would have landed. It doesnt mean that Harry would have died without him. It could have hit Hagrid instead of Harry and Hagrid would have died.  Harry would have Crashed in the city of London and he would be in danger. But Voldemort couldnt finish Harry, because the wand Voldemort used (the wand of Lucifer Malfoy) broke after the spell. It wasnt posseble for Harry to send letters if he hadnt got Hedwig. He couldnt used Errol, the old owl that the Weaslys own, becouse he couldnt see sharp and his wings arent so strong. If he used Errol the letters he would have sent to Sirius could have fallen into the hands of the ministry. And they still think that Sirius is a big criminal.
But they could use the owl of Sirius, right?... Wrong! It doesnt have to be a problem, but what happens if a teacher found out that Harry was recieving letters from Sirius Blacks Owl. Iam sure that McGonagall doesnt have a problem with it, but Snape could be a problem. Snape never liked Sirius so he would have likely set it stop and remove points from Gryffindor, or worse, he could expell Harry from Hogwarts. Even if Dumbledore let Harry stay, Snape could use this in a bad way.

Thats why Harry did himself good by buying Hedwig, it made his schoollife a lot easier.