1

**Kellin's POV**

I walked down the hallway of my new school. Why my parents had to move and have me transfer in my freaking senior year, I'll never understand. But no, they just HAD to move from Los Angeles to middle-of-nowhere Lansing, Michigan. Talk about having nothing to do.

I was busy in my own thoughts, not paying attention and walked right into someone. I pushed my long black hair out of my eyes and bent down to help the girl with the books I had knocked to the ground. I froze, meeting her icy blue eyes when she looked up. I took in her waist-length, bright pink hair and her small frame. She was absolutely breathtaking, and I couldn't say anything but "hey.."

"What the heck, watch where you are freaking walking!!" she yelled at me, then she went to walk away, shoving her shoulder against me as she went. I grabbed her small arm, honestly I'm not sure why, and the next thing I know, she whipped around and punched me! Right in the face, and all I could think of was 'nice hit' before her fist connected with me again, this time to the side of my head. She punched me again and again, probably about six or seven times before someone pulled her off of me. When I opened my mouth to ask her why she hit me, she just ran off!

* * *

Three hours later, I was still aching from the punches the pink-haired girl had dealt to me. I couldn't stop thinking about her. Sadly, I hadn't caught her name while she was beating the crud out of me. I rubbed my aching jaw, thinking she had a really great right hook. I grabbed my lyric journal with the purple cover and started writing some lyrics.

Nobody's gonna love you,
If you can't display,
a way to capture this.

I knew I would be famous someday, but I'd had to leave my band, Sleeping With Sirens, behind in LA when my parents forced me out here to the middle of nowhere.

**Michaela's POV**

"hey..." was all I heard after this guy walked right into me and knocked my books out of my arms. Already being upset, I lit into him, yelling with everything I had in me, all my rage coming out.

"What the heck, watch where you are freaking walking!!" I screeched at him. When he looked up in shock, I noticed that he was rather cute. No, make that really cute! Mentally shaking myself, I gathered my books and iPod, and walked past him. My temper, still boiling, made me knock into him. And what does the cute idiot do? He freaking grabs my arm!! Okay, this guy must be new, everyone knows touching me is a really bad idea, to say the least.

The moment I felt his hand on my arm, I spun around, and swung without thinking. Again, my rage took over and something inside me broke, I just kept swinging. When someone finally got me off him, I ran.

* * *

Later that night, I sat on my bed, holding my razor blade, staring at the light reflecting off it. I began to think, always a bad idea for me, that's when the demons come. I didn't want to hurt anymore, I wanted it all to end. As the tears began to flow, I carefully dragged the blade across my skin, not quite breaking it.

Suddenly, the boy's face popped into my head, for unknown reasons. I imagined him being in the room, looking at my scarred arms with nothing but pure disgust. That mental picture alone usually caused me to want to break the skin and bleed out. But not this time, for some reason, it made me want to be normal again. Making the decision I hoped I wouldn't regret, I put the blade down and laid back, crying myself to sleep.