Chapter 4 The Beginning of the Curse

10 years later

Anna's POV

I woke up to see Jack sitting on my bed. He was smiling at he tossed a snowball.

"Jack, don't you dare." I warned him. He laughed, and the snowball disappear.

I still remember Jack from the first time I met him. He still looked the same. I have changed so much but, yet he hasn't. Ever since Papa invited Jack to stay with us two years ago, it's been so nice. He's become a big brother to me. Even better, Jack and Elsa have become close. Well, I wouldn't know because I never see Elsa, but Jack gets to see her, even if she doesn't want to.

"Morning Anna." Jack said with a smile.

"Hi Jack." I said.

"Are you ready for breakfast?" Jack asked.

"Sure." I answered

We walked out of my room to the dining room. To my surprise, Elsa was there, talking to Mama and Papa.

"Elsa?" I whispered. She immediately turns, sees me, then she rushes out of the room.

"Elsa, wait!" I went to follow her but Jack stopped me.

"Let her go." He said.

I slowly made my way to the table. My only chance to reconnect with Elsa was gone. Just like that.

"Anna, you mother and I need to tell you something. We are leaving for two weeks to Corona for a diplomatic mission." Papa said

"Oh, ok." I said with a sigh. Jack put his hand on my shoulder. He could tell I was hurt. I glanced at my parents. They could too.

Later that day I ran into my parent's room to tell them goodbye. They were packed and ready to go.

"See you in two weeks." I said as I hugged them. Then I ran off.

Couple minutes later I went to watch them leave. I rushed to the front of the castle. To my surprise, Elsa was there saying her good-byes too. She curtsied and then said,

"Do you have to go?"

"You'll be fine Elsa" Papa smiled.

They left for the ship and Elsa ran back to her room.

...

Adgar's POV

The weather was perfect. We were making excellent time. We would be in Corona in no time. I went below deck to see Idun not looking good.

"Idun, are you alright?" I asked her. She turned to me and half smiled.

"Yes Adgar, just a little sea sick." She answered.

Just then the boat rocked to the side. I fell over. Then I heard one of the sailors scream.

"WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!"

I grabbed my sword and ran to the deck. We were now in the middle of a storm and I looked up to see a swirling black cloud of sand with a man on it.

"Kozmotis!"

He floated down to me.

"You knew this day would come, Adgar." He smiled and grabbed a sword from one of my soldiers.

I swung first. Our blades collided. I fought as hard as I could, but Kozmotis bested me. He pointed the sword at my throat.

"Any last words?" He asked.

"My daughter will live on." I said.

"Too bad you won't." Kozmotis then raised the blade to kill me. But Idun jumped in his way. The sword went through her.

"NO!" I then lunged at Kozmotis. But as I did, he pulled a knife off his belt and stabbed me. I fell to the deck. I crawled to Idun and held her close.

"Adgar, I love you." She said.

"I love you too." I said. I looked up and Kozmotis was gone. A huge wave was coming to crush the ship. I held onto my beautiful Idun as the wave hit. We were both knocked off the ship. As we slowly sank, everything went dark.

...

Jack's POV

Anna and I just heard the news. The ship carrying Adgar and Idun never made it to Corona. I was speechless. Anna fell to the ground.

"No!" she screamed. I bent down. She wrapped her arms around me. I picked her up and carried her to her room. I left her in her room. I went to check on Elsa. I opened the door to see Elsa was sobbing. I quickly went over to comfort her. I touched her shoulder. She immediately got up and glared at me.

"How could you let this happen?" She yelled.

Elsa was the only one that know why I was really here.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You were supposed to protect us. Now my parents are dead and it's your fault!" Elsa turned away from me. Snow started to swirl around her.

"Your father said to protect his daughters, not him or your mother. Even if I could have, it probably was an accident." I defended myself.

She then turned back around and glared at me.

"Leave." She demanded.

"Ok. I'll be back after I check on Anna." I said as I headed for the door.

"No, Jack. That's not what I meant. I want you to leave Arendelle. I don't want you anywhere near Anna or me."

I stared at her with disbelief. Was she really doing this?

"Elsa, don't do this. I love you." I said. I couldn't believe I confessed my feelings for her.

"Go find someone else to love. I don't want you here." Elsa yelled

So, I walked out the door to tell Anna goodbye.

...

Elsa's POV

Elsa's POV

After Jack left, I immediately regretted what I said. He told me he loved me. I did have some feelings for him, but I need space. I couldn't have Jack coming into my room anytime he felt like.

I climbed into bed and sat there. Then someone pounded on the door.

"WHY, ELSA?! WHY?!" I heard Anna scream on the other side of the door. "HE'S FAMILY, ELSA! FAMILY! SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!" I then heard Anna run down the halls.

I lost it. I started crying my eyes out. I'm sorry, Jack. I'm sorry.