CHAPTER (10): ⚄Reunited⚅

"Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained."

-Marie Curie 

□Marc

Tuesday, January 23

5:00 am

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Sun," Dani states as she sees the sun come up. Marc looks up at the sun, taking in the view. Sunlight filled the sky, pure scattered light; its hue ambitiously illuminating each crevice of land.

Marc smiles down at Dani. "Yeah baby girl, that's the sun," Marc informs, holding her hand. Dani smiles at him and continues to look at the sun. Marc looks at the clothes on his body and sighs. Blood was splattered all over the white jumpsuit.

"We need to find shelter." Levi grunts, standing up. Right now they were at a local gas station, resting for a few minutes.

Marc stands up as well, Dani coping his moments. "We can go there," Marc says to Levi, pointing at the motel across the street.

Levi shakes his head. "We can't, we're broke."

Marc lets go of Dani's hand and starts walking towards the motel. "Watch Dani, don't let her out of your site. When you hear me whistle, walk towards the motel." Marc orders.

Levi was going to protest, but Marc was already gone. He looks at Dani, who is still staring at the rising sun. She was so quiet, you could barely notice that she was there. Levi somewhat smiled, thinking about his and Diana's child. Would their kid be just as quiet as Dani? "You don't talk much, do you?" Levi asks, Dani. She looks at him and shakes her head no. Levi nods, not questioning her any further.

Marc watches from the shadows, waiting to attack someone. He wasn't necessarily going to attack the person, just knock them out so he could use their room. All he needed was someone that was really drunk. They were in Italy, so the chances of him finding someone who was really drunk was very high. Just then, Marc sees as a car swerves too many times before entering the motel parking. The car parks and a man steps out of the car. Marc couldn't see the man's appearance from where he stands, but he could see the current beer bottle in his hands. He watched as the man struggles to walk.

Not soon long, the man makes it to his room. Marc steps out the shadow, walking up behind the man. Before the man can fully unlock his door, Marc slams his head on the door, instantly knocking him out. The man's body slumps, but Marc still holds onto him as he unlocks the door. Once the door is unlocked, Marc kicks it open and drags the drunk man inside the motel room.