Chapter 1. Getting my Capture Styler

[Trenton's P.O.V.]

I wake up to my roommate shaking me.

"Wake up Trent!" He pushes me off the bed.

"I'm up." I yawn an go into the bathroom and change and when I come out, he's sitting on his bed.

"Come on, today is the day we get our Capture Stylers!" I grab his arm and proceed to drag him out the door and down the hall.

The training facility is large and takes us a while to get to the gymnasium-like place. We are the first to get there so we sit in the front.

Seconds later, my friend Mia walks over and sits next to me.

"You guys excited as me?" She giggles and looks at Josh.

"Josh, you okay?" She pokes him on the cheek and he just looks at her.

"What if we get stationed in different Bases and don't get to see each other?" He frowns and looks straight ahead, as if he is ignoring us.

"As long as we don't then I'm happy!" Mia smiles and puts her hands shakily on her legs.

Many people flood into the gym-like place and take the remaining seats.

"Trenton M. please step up." Mr. Crystal spoke into the microphone and I got up from my seat and walk to the front.

He gives me my Capture Styler and I slip it on and run back to my seat, admiring it.

~Time Skip To After Everyone Has Capture Styler~

"I can't wait until I can get my own partner!" Mia points her Styler at a Spinerak and a pink light shoots towards it and circles around it.

"Spinerak use String Shot on Trent!" She points at me and the Pokémon shoots a sticky web at me and ties me up.

"Really?" I easily break out of the weak string and walk back to my room.

~Two Hours Later~

"Trenton, Mia, you two will be stationed in the Ranger Base near Coragale Town. Josh, you will be with Geo and Mary on Tyranitar Mountain." Ms. Goroa pointed to areas on the map.

"We only have one night together as the three of us." Mia looks to me and Josh and then begins crying into her hands. Josh is like her brother.

"Maybe if we can talk someone into it, I can switch places." Josh begins to pace back and forth.

"It doesn't work that way." I get up and sit by Mia and begin to try to comfort her.

"We have to get one last picture." Mia wipes the tears from her eyes and takes a picture. She then puts it into film two times and hands one to Josh and the other to me.

~The Next Day~

We go to the buses, each for a Ranger Base here in our region.

"Guess this is goodbye." Mia pulls us into a group hug and then lets go of me and keeps squeezing Josh.

I pry her off of him and they say their goodbyes while I climb into the bus to my new place to stay.

After a few minutes Mia gets on and sits beside me.