【02】

Mirae's POV
Once the bell rung, Jungkook immediately turned towards me with a smile plastered on his face asking, "Hey, you wanna join me and my friends at our table during break?"

Taking a few seconds to think, I weigh out my options. If I were to go with them, I can work on my dare, get to know them better and get closer to my crush. Don't see any cons here.

So, I replied cheerfully, "Sure."

He smiled even wider when I agreed and he held my hand dragging me towards the canteen. I blushed at the skinship.

When he was pulling me along the hallways, students, more specifically girls kept on pointing at our intertwined hands with mutterings and gossips filling the hallways.

"She's such a bitch."

"She's not even pretty. Look at her choice of clothes, so poor."

"I bet Jungkook's going to dump her in a week, she's too ugly for him."

"She must have bribed him."

"She looks so fake."

"Plastic slut."

I know that I shouldn't let this get to me and I know that the majority of them are untrue, but I still feel scarred by their words.

Jungkook, noticing my behavior immediately spoke up and said, "Can you guys all SHUT UP! She is beautiful and you know it. If she is plastic, which she is definitely not, what are you? Do NOT ever bother her again. YOU ALL HEAR ME?!"

Promptly, everyone kept quiet and nodded as Jungkook hugged me whispering into my ear. "Don't worry Mirae, I'll protect you."

Hearing his words, butterflies filled my stomach as I looked down shyly.
Reaching the table, Jungkook introduced me to his hyungs.

"This is Namjoon, Jin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Taehyung and Jimin hyung. Hyungs, this is Mirae."

"Hi.", I said softly while waving my hands.

Jimin looked at me for a second before looking back at his food. I went to get my food, but when I return there was only a seat left beside Jimin, so obviously, I sat there and started eating. All was peaceful until the school's queenka, Jessi appeared.

She looked at me with a glare and declared to the boys in a fake sweet voice saying, "Oppas, I'll just borrow Mirae for a second okay?"

The boys were about to object, but she gripped onto my wrist hard, her nails digging into my skin and forcefully dragging me out of the canteen. Once we were outside, she grabbed on to a handful of my hair and pulled it hard, before slapping my face.

She then warned me in a menacing tone, "Stay away from my oppas. If you don't, I'll make your life a living he-"

But a familiar voice interrupts her, "No you will not."

I turned around only to see Jimin there. He spoke rather calmly, but I could see that he was in fury.

"B-but oppa-", Jessi whined.

"No buts. Now leave!", Jimin yelled fiercely.

"Hmpth. I'll remember this. Bye oppa~", she glared at me before saying her goodbye to Jimin in an annoying cutesy tone.

Once she was gone, Jimin embraced me asking me if I was okay. Undeciding, I simply did both, nodding and shaking my head, I snuggled further into Jimin's chest hearing the sound of his rapidly beating heart as I looked for comfort. My action seemed to have caused Jimin to tense up and awkwardly pat my back, but he soon relaxed and hugged me tighter, further calming me down.

Jimin's POV
Promptly after Jessi dragged her out, I followed them out too, into the hallways. I saw the way she treated Mirae and overheard the nasty things she said. As each of her actions gets more and more outrageous, I got angrier and angrier by the second.

Feeling indignant, I stepped in saying, "No you will NOT."

I was trying my best not to scream in front of them. Trying my hardest to keep my cool.

"But oppa...", her annoying voice protested.

That was my last straw.

Without even trying to conceal my overwhelming fury, I yelled "No buts. Now leave!"

Stomping her foot she huffed saying that she'll remember this before faking a smile greeting me farewell. After she was gone, I immediately pulled Mirae into a hug asking if she was okay, to which she gave an indefinite answer.

Seeing her being bullied made my heart ache and anger to slowly rise within me, but before I could think any further, I felt her move. She snuggled closer - causing the scent of jasmine to flood my nostrils - to which I tense up at as I had no idea what to do and causing my heart to thump twice as fast. After a while, I relaxed to her hug and I embraced her back as well, savoring all I could from this moment, wishing that it will never end.

Third Person's POV
But what he didn't realize was a jealous maknae eyeing the sight in front of him.

Thinking to himself 'Hyung, I will not let you have her just to break her heart with your playboy doings. I will fight for her love and she will be mine.'

Back at the table~
"Well, that was weird?", Taehyung spoke up.

"Yeah. Talk about it. Jungkook and Jimin are acting so out of place. Maybe not as much of Jimin as she could just be his next target, but Jungkook is a whole different story. He usually doesn't care about the girls at all, nevertheless the one that Jimin goes after.", Namjoon said.

"Yeah, but those two aren't the only weird ones. Yoongi also. Look.", Jin spoke.

The 4 of them and looked at Yoongi who looks far, far away and in a daze, looking like he is thinking hard.

Jin the ask slightly teasingly while tapping him "Right Yoongi? Right?"

Finally snapping out of his daydream, he heard his name and upon hearing his name he struggled to answer. Deciding to ask again, Jin asked 'right?'

Yoongi panicked before simply nodding his head. To which everyone laughed as Yoongi probably had no idea what he was nodding to.

______________

Author's note:
Please Vote and Comment!

Stay happy readers! :))

P.S
Please add this to your reading list to stay tuned, and maybe comment some ideas for me too?

_____________________________

"That warm fuzzy feeling, the urge to protect you and the mimicking smile on my face, am I falling when I shouldn't? "

~Jimin