Where it all began

I'm driving my dark midnight pitch black Buick, just to escape what feels like my whole life. As I continued my long drive full of silence and painful peace. The silence of the ride to nowhere was so loud it hurt. Soon I find my confused and upset self in Pittsburg. I pulled over and stopped my car next to the snow covered sidewalk, tears streaming down my face questioning my fate. First I'd been fired by my job for who knows why and then my I was kicked out of my own house by my gold digging, hypocritical fiance. Tears are now streaming down from my light brown eyes.

She was screaming at me to get downstairs to talk, about what I wonder. I walked downstairs to find her clinging to man's arm obviously much stronger than me. They both smelled of vodka and alcohol, but I was so used to it that I had felt nothing towards this man other than sympathy.

"You were cheating on me, but not with just anyone but a man at that," she spat and I could have sworn she was spitting poison as those word fell from her mouth.

"Get out of my house and take your things with you and leave," She growled.

With that I said nothing, went upstairs and took all the money that was mine and my other possessions and left the house got in my Buick and drove around to find someone I knew.

"Oh the irony, my fiance thought I was cheating on her with a man."
I could no longer speak because my voice just broke and turned into a mixture of crying and laughing at the horrible bittersweet situation I was in. To add to the irony I ended up where  the man that she had thought I'd been cheating on her with lived.

I have nowhere to go other than to him since my family had already thought I was a disgrace to humanity for cheating on her with a man, but where does he live in Pittsburg, I thought to myself. I looked up realizing it's the afternoon and I should start searching if I plan on finding him and explaining. I'm almost certain my fiance wouldn't want me back soon, if at all. Out of the corner of my eye I notice a bar and stop my car. I grabbed some money and put it in my pocket and walked in. The bar was pretty full, as I walk in a few of the women look at me with curiosity and a hint of attraction. I ignored their affectionate curiosity and sat down at the bar. The portly bartender looked me directly in the eyes with jealousy and slight sympathy after seeing the mix of emotions in my eyes.

"Can I get you anything," he asks in a polite tone with unreadable emotions showing through.

"Can I just get a beer to go, thank you," I answered with a gentle yet bland aura to it as I gave him the money with a good tip.

I leave and search for his face as I walk out of the bar back out into the cold air until I get into my midnight Buick to sleep for the night. I looked at the sign noticing it was a pub and bar and decide that tomorrow I'll go there and get breakfast and try to find him. I lean back and close my eyes welcoming a cold, uncomfortable, dreamless sleep. I awake to to the sound of distant birds and the first rays of light gently overlaying my eyelids. I look at the pub to see if it's open and checked my wrist watch seeing that with my luck it doesn't open for another hour.
I sat in the car with my knees to my chest wondering how I got into this mess in the first place. I'm praying I find him and am questioning why I wanted to marry her in the first place. After questioning most of my life choices for the next hour, I check my wrist watch and notice the pub is opening. I get out with some money from yesterday still in my pocket and walk in with some other early people to get some breakfast. I order some porridge and after finishing I paid the bartender, left a good tip and left.