Chapter Ten

Raine's P.O.V

Today I'm following up with my doctor so they can get this brace off my arm and release me back to my life. Its been so boring sitting at Trey house, especially since he hasn't been here. I mean not that I need him around, his company just would've been nice. Everything went good with my visit so I'm just waiting on Ronie to pick me up.

"Whats up baby sis, you look good", Ronie said smiling at me as I got in the car.

"I feel good, glad to finally be off my ass."

"Moms been worried sick about you I told her you were still recovering and you'd be over to see her soon." 

"I've been worried about her too, I'm ready to go home now the doctor said everything is good and I'm sure nobody will be coming after me its been like two weeks with no retaliations."

"You right Raine I guess I can take you back to moms house."

"You will take me back ," I said laughing.

We pulled up to the house and I saw my Sadie just sitting in the drive way all beautiful collecting dirt. I missed my room and seeing Terrica everyday. Feel like I was at that house for a year. Mom must've heard us pulling up because she came outside. 

"My babies, how are yall doing yall just forget you have a mother and never come see her anymore, even when ya live here."

I started to laugh. My mom looked very young for her age and she was a very sophiscated women. Some people would call her bougie even though we lived in the hood. She knew Ronie was making money some how but not all the details she wouldn't approve of the lifestyle espically if she knew I was in it. She always kept her hair cut short, nails done, and had on the latest shoes with nice outfits. She liked to be fly. So I guess that kept all her questions down.

"Lo'Raine Smith why haven't you been going to school they been calling everyday asking all these questions."

"I been in recovery mom you know, I got doctors notes for all that I'll get it straightened out."

I really haven't been to school in like a month to addicted to my street life but it was my senor year and I wanted to walk the stage with my bestfriend so I'm gone make it happen. I'll start my life back right by going to school tomorrow. 

I wasn't excited about getting back into school, I was ready to get back out with Ronie but its okay I'll have my time. I got up to the smell of my mom cooking breakfast. I took a shower and put on some decent cloths. We're suppose to wear uniforms but what am I 12, no ma'am. I finished getting dressed and looked over my scars before going in the kitchen.

"Good morning mom."

"Good morning baby," she said dancing to the Marvin Gaye playing in the background.

"I'm off to school."

I left the house and walked up the street to see if I could see Terrica. No use in driving there are only like two other student drivers at my high school. I could see Terrica and a group of people at the end of the street so I ran to catch up.

"Bestfriendddd," I said loudly.

"Raine, what you doing here you know you can never get out the bed in the morning, besides I thought you were behind the scenes."

"Not happy to see me sounds like," I said giggling.

"Of course I'm happy to see you, there hasn't been any action in my world without you. What you doing up though?"

"I'm on my way to school."

"Stop lying."

"I'm for real I can't be a drop out and let you enjoy all the fun of graduating by yourself."

"Awww shit me and bestfriend about to shut the school down, they ain't gone see it coming. Bitch why you ain't text me or some got us walking when we can be riding clean, I'm mad at you."

"I'm sorry bestfriend, you know I got us the rest of this year."

We finally got to school a little early because they hadn't opened the doors yet. School really wasn't the place for me, everyone was just starring like they never seen me before. Everybody was to busy being stuck on themselves and most of them were childish. It just wasn't my type of scenery all together. Me and Terrica sat on the rails waiting for the janitor to open the doors when Lorenzo started walking towards us. Lorenzo was lightskin, very tall, always wore a low fade cut, and played for the varsity basketball team. He had been trying to talk to me since he moved to this neighborhood. Back then he was lame, short and didn't know anything about the hood. His mom was one of those females that found her a rich husband and moved out. Story has it that he got tired of her and left her for a white woman now there back.

"Lo'Raine, Lo'Raine your name rings bells, what you doing here you dont go to school no more," he said smiling.

"Im just here to graduate, aren't we all?"

"I guess you right about that, since you back when you gone come watch me play. You know that pretty face makes my day."

I started laughing, "Boy whatever, I'll come when coach finally let you off the bench." 

"What you mean I start now, just come check me out."

"Aight, we'll see."

He walked away when the janitor came to open the doors. Me and Terrica walked in behind him we had first period together. I was just ready to get this day over. Really the rest of the school year over.

School was finally over so me and Terrica headed over to Ronie's spot. When we got there three cars where parked outside. We walked in and saw Sane sitting on the couch playing the game and Trey and my brother where sitting at the table. I got butterflys in my stomach when I seen him. The last time I had saw him was at his house when he kissed me.

"Whats up Raine and Tee, whats with the backpack sis," he asked passing the blunt to Trey?

I forgot I even had one own. "Oh.. shit I checked into school today, mom's wishes."

Ronie never finished school, he stopped going in ninth grade when he got put own with Ace crew before they got taken out.

"Good for you, " he said smiling. "So what you got going for the rest of the day?"

"Shit really, chill with Tee if she aint busy."

I kept looking in Trey's direction but he never looked at me. I started to get mad at myself for even liking him a little or letting him kiss me. He's way older than me got a child, and a baby momma. What could he possibly do with me?

"Raine sorry to leave ya hanging but spicy just hit me up I gotta go meet up with him," Terrica said.

"You cool girl, handle your business just be safe and hit me up."

I went and sat on the couch but Sane and started scrolling through my phone. It was hella boring and I felt myself dozing off so I got up to go home.

"You gone Raine," asked Ronie?

"Ya ain't nothing happening."

"How you get over here didn't Tee just leave?"

"Ya we walked."

"Trey can drop you off real quick I cant let you be out here mobing by yourself."

Trey still didnt look up from the table.

"I can walk myself I'm good plus it feel good outside."

Trey finally looked up and said he'll take me home. We got in the car and he was still quiet.

"What's up with you, you just gone do what you did and never show up again? You cant even acknowledge me or ask how I been?"

"I'm sorry Raine, I shouldn't have done what I did."

"So why did you?"

"I just wanted to get to know you Raine, I was moving to fast on you because your young and thats not right. I can tell your different from any other female I ever been with. Your beautiful, smart, and you know what you doing with yourself. I just can't do it right now and I'm sorry I led you on to believe I was ready for this."

I just shook my head. I couldn't believe I still kind of wanted him. This is why I dont deal with dudes or get in to deep with them.